Increase of spam posts

Do you have troubles using the forums? Do you know what could be improved? Just create a topic in this forum.
Dicko
Model: 20 litres

Re: Increase of spam posts

Unread post by Dicko »

Hi guys,
I know it is annoying but unfortunately it is a fact of life on public forums.
I visit the site regularly..at least once every 24 hours and I do clean up the topic list.
I have messaged Niels and asked for his suggestion and guidance and I will wait for his reply.
Moderation and Admin can not be on any forum all the time but we do our best.

Thank you for your patience

PS
I do suggest that you do not click on any links as they may contain malicious malware and at the very least you are increasing their website visitors list which is what they want to achieve.
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it

Erick

Unread post by Erick »

Thanx Dicko!!!!!!!
:cheers:

niels
Site Admin
Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread post by niels »

Hi all,

I do realize that I've neglected the forum for a while now. I've been caught up in other aspects of my personal life at the moment, but Braumeisters.net has always in the back of my head.

I've been planning and researching how to upgrade the forum software to a more modern version (or different platform) with mobile device support and better spam detection. However, it does not seem to be an easy task to catch up with even the current version of phpBB. I hope to complete this in the following weeks, but it will mean that I've to take down the forum for a few hours to even a few days. Therefor I want to prepare everything as well as possible.

Currently I'm enjoying a short holiday with my family, but I've disabled the automatic approval of user registrations. From now on all user registrations need to be approved by manually. This might be a little hurdle, but it will make sure that less spammers will sneak into our forum. Besides that I've cleaned up a lot of user accounts.

I want to thank the moderators and specially Dicko for all the hard work they put into keeping this forum running. :beer:

Cheers,
Niels

Dicko

Unread post by Dicko »

Thanks Niels, looking forward to the changes.

Cheers
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it

mashy

Unread post by mashy »

Thanks Niels. Sorry for pestering you. I have seen other the sites taken down by this.

Why do they do it? What harm are we doing? I could understand if there was an anti-beer campaign action group (Actually, no probably couldn't):D

Thanks again.