It takes a long time to heat the water in BM200!

Because the 200 L and 500 L units are a different league, we'll grant them their own sub-forum.
erritsoe
Model: 20 litres

It takes a long time to heat the water in BM200!

Unread post by erritsoe »

Our new BM200 seems very slow. It takes about 3 hours to heat 240 liter water from 12 C to 68 C. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do?

mashy

Re: It takes a long time to heat the water in BM200!

Unread post by mashy »

TBH I would think that's about right. What does the manual say? What is the rating of the heating elements?

I would have an electrician install a contactor with a timer, so you can set it to be ready when you arrive.

erritsoe

Unread post by erritsoe »

Thank you for your answer. You're right - there is a timer function and we use it in the morning when brewing, but we need to do a good cleaning with hot water and it takes many hours to do this when we have to wait for the water to heat enough...

niels
Site Admin
Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread post by niels »

erritsoe wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 am
Thank you for your answer. You're right - there is a timer function and we use it in the morning when brewing, but we need to do a good cleaning with hot water and it takes many hours to do this when we have to wait for the water to heat enough...
You can collect the hot water from the chilling process and re-use this for cleaning.

- Niels

mashy

Unread post by mashy »

What Neils said + you could perhaps run it out to an IBC / 205l tank with its own heating element, to top it up while transferring?

Keep the heat/energy you already have. Think of it as a cleaning vessel - a small pump and hose would help too.

Are you CIP cleaning ?

Erick

Unread post by Erick »

Why do you need to start with a good cleaning with warm water anyway?
It's gonna cook at the end of the brewing proces...
I assume you clean directly after brewing, so why start again? (or am I missing something?)