Speidel Recipes

Share your successful brews or start talking about your next one.

Re: Speidel Recipes

Unread postby HopSong » Thu May 21, 2015 12:51 am

No answers from them yet.. but, you, Nesto, are a very gracious guy.. quite helpful. Gotta love ya.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Andy_Chil » Thu May 21, 2015 11:01 am

Hi HbgBill. I haven't really been bothered with water. I use my own tank water and have no idea how it stacks up? The wit I'm brewing tomorrow has 2.23kg of Belgian pils, 2.23kg of rolled wheat (unmalted) and 400g of rolled oats. I'm also going with coriander and orange. I'm going to put in some loose camomile tea as well.
Andy_Chil

Unread postby HopSong » Thu May 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Andy.. your recipe looks more common than the one I have as a kit. T'was inexpensive and should make beer. :) Most recipes I've seen are 50% pils n 50% wheat... Mine is 66% pils and 33% whole kernel white wheat.. with some rolled oats added.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby hughjampton » Thu May 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Andy_Chil wrote:Hi HbgBill. I haven't really been bothered with water. I use my own tank water and have no idea how it stacks up? The wit I'm brewing tomorrow has 2.23kg of Belgian pils, 2.23kg of rolled wheat (unmalted) and 400g of rolled oats. I'm also going with coriander and orange. I'm going to put in some loose camomile tea as well.

That recipe sounds good. I once made the mistake of adding 10g of dried camomile flowers into a Belgian blonde and it was overpowering.
When the chill sciroco blows, and winter tells a heavy tale
When pies, and daws, and rooks and crows do sit and curse the frost and snows
Then give me ale.
hughjampton

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Andy_Chil » Fri May 29, 2015 2:23 pm

hughjampton wrote:
Andy_Chil wrote:Hi HbgBill. I haven't really been bothered with water. I use my own tank water and have no idea how it stacks up? The wit I'm brewing tomorrow has 2.23kg of Belgian pils, 2.23kg of rolled wheat (unmalted) and 400g of rolled oats. I'm also going with coriander and orange. I'm going to put in some loose camomile tea as well.

That recipe sounds good. I once made the mistake of adding 10g of dried camomile flowers into a Belgian blonde and it was overpowering.

I didn't measure the camo but I think it was around 5g. It's been in the fermenter a week so I'll check the gravity tomorrow and have a little taste.
Andy_Chil

Previous

Return to Recipes