The Braumeister Video Collection

How to get most out of brewing with your Braumeister? Help others and share your tips/best practices.

Re: The Braumeister Video Collection

Unread postby niels » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:07 pm

bierfest wrote:I found this the oother day. I wonder if this guy is on the forum? I like his brewery.

That's funny! I saw this video this afternoon and was thinking the same thing. I was going to contact him and invite him to the forum.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby HopSong » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:18 am

I've seen other YouTube videos of his operation. This guy has something wrong with him.. He is TOO organized and his yard is awesome.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby 3LB » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:26 pm

I'm pretty sure I've seen another video from him called 'Braumeister has left the building'...

You have to take into account that Dutch yards are generally tiny, up to 50 square meters or so on average...
3LB

Unread postby HopSong » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:39 pm

I had the impression he is Aussie.. I'm likely wrong.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby niels » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:46 pm

3LB wrote:I'm pretty sure I've seen another video from him called 'Braumeister has left the building'...

Yes, that video came along on the forum a few months ago. But it seems he bought a BM50 after all...

HbgBill wrote:I had the impression he is Aussie.. I'm likely wrong.

He's Dutch for sure. He didn't say "matey" in any of his videos... ;)

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby Erick » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Just to play 'detective' : :ugeek:
On the malt box (0.29 sec.) you can read 'tarwe licht' and that type of box is from 'brouwmarkt' next to that is a sticker with the words 'tap vergunning'

Aussie... nah
Dutch or Belgian. :mrgreen:
Alléz HOP!
Erick

Unread postby stevodevo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Going by the accent I would've put money on him being Dutch until Erick - from Leiden - added that he could be Belgian. Definitely not an Aussie though.
stevodevo

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby bierfest » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:59 pm

I watched some of his videos at the weekend. Very enjoyable. He really puts a lot of effort into his projects and the videos themselves. Seems he had a 20l braumeister but was having some issues with it including a leaky tap. He brought it back to his supplier.. went back to his old system and then a few weeks later he presents his new 50l. The 50l is working well for him in his last few vids. So it seems to be that once you start to use the braumeister its hard to go back to anything else.

The hoist over his BM is a really great idea as on the 50l if you want to keep it up at a decent height for working at then its very hard to lift out the maltpipe without haveing to stand on a small step ladder or something like that. The combination of the weight and the suction makes it hard to lift without giving some proper elbow grease. A couple of months ago I gave a little too much elbow grease whilst standing on the step ladder and the metal gripper for the malt pipe slipped off. So a full 50l malt pipe crashed down on my concrete floor resulting in some re-modeling of the shape of the malt pipe. Lucking somegentle persuasion got it mostly back in shape and although its not perfect Im quite lucky that its still sealing properly. I was sure my malt pipe was dead. No beer was injured in the process :-)
bierfest

Unread postby beerlover1983 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:47 pm

I belive glenn is dutch.He is a top guy and does some very clear and detailed videos been following him since i started.
beerlover1983

Unread postby Dicko » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:55 pm

I just noticed a couple of interesting points in his video.

It appears that it is an old model BM without the hop timer but he uses the metal screens and the lid appears to be the new type lid.

I also noted at the end he had his screens sitting on the locator pins on the malt pipe for draining and drying...who would'a thought?? :D

Great camera work for a home video

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby stevodevo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:33 pm

Dicko wrote:I also noted at the end he had his screens sitting on the locator pins on the malt pipe for draining and drying...who would'a thought?? :D

Well spotted Detective Dicko (would that make you Dick Dicko?). It took me two goes re-watching the video to see what you meant about the screens draining on the malt pipe.
stevodevo

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby Dicko » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:38 pm

stevodevo wrote:
Dicko wrote:I also noted at the end he had his screens sitting on the locator pins on the malt pipe for draining and drying...who would'a thought?? :D

Well spotted Detective Dicko (would that make you Dick Dicko?). It took me two goes re-watching the video to see what you meant about the screens draining on the malt pipe.

:lol: :lol:

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby RobW » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:48 am

beerlover1983 wrote:I belive glenn is dutch.He is a top guy and does some very clear and detailed videos been following him since i started.

No question

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (22.31 KiB) Viewed 720 times

:p
RobW

Unread postby fmoret » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:29 pm

My last Video!

fmoret

Unread postby BrauTim » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:10 pm

fmoret wrote:My last Video!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/qicKw3rtAuY[/youtube]

Great vid, I'll watch this when I need a BM fix, I like the action at 2:47-2:57 :cheers:
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

PreviousNext

Return to General / Tips and Tricks