Changing the BM's valve.

How to get most out of brewing with your Braumeister? Help others and share your tips/best practices.

Re: Changing the BM's valve.

Unread postby paddye » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:40 pm

The joint on the BM isnt under pressure but it seems the tapered thread is designed to be used with a standard parallel thread which according to international standards should be the thread on the BM.

Jointing threads: These are pipe threads where pressure-tightness is made through the mating of two threads together. They always use a taper male thread, but can have either parallel or taper female threads. (International standards require all female threads to be parallel.)

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Standard_Pipe
paddye

Unread postby Goose » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:17 am

I've just read through this thread (no pun intended).

Confusing on a couple of points.

1) As I understand it the female thread on the 50l BM is a 3/4" BSPP (NOT BSPT) ? Will a 3/4" BSPT male fit in or does it have to be BSPP ?

2) I have a male 1/2" NPT (to 1/2" triclamp) that I want to fit to the outlet, and so I figure that I need a 3/4" BSPP male to 1/2" NPT female reducer. Really hard to find in stainless unless anybody can help ? I've seen some brass ones around but as I am all stainless seems a shame to have one part brass.

The other thing I read here is that 1/2" NPT thread is compatible with 1/2" BSPP thread. If that were the case, would a stainless 3/4" BSPP male to 1/2" BSPP female also do the trick ? They are alot easier to find.
Goose

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Goose » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:05 am

Ok I managed to source a reducer on ebay, 3/4" BSSP male to 1/2" NPT female.

Just one problem, best I could find, was brass. However something tells me I should not be concerned about brass. After all, my pump housings are.

Goose

Model: 50 litres

Previous

Return to General / Tips and Tricks