temp problems

How to get most out of brewing with your Braumeister? Help others and share your tips/best practices.

Re: temp problems

Unread postby niels » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:52 pm

I contacted Ralf about the boil timer problem as I experienced the same with the BM10 prototype. They are looking into it and even suggested to investigate a controller of a BM that is already in use. So Janox, you've got a PM so Speidel can get in touch with you (as Sweden is a lot closer to Germany than Australia).

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby ChilliMayne » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi,

have you got the new BM with the new controller?
If so I can't believe they did nothing with the tap!!! It seems you needed to retrofit your own one!!
Madness on Speidels behave!!! It really is.. :twisted:
Brewing: Not much glamour but plenty of Glory!
ChilliMayne

Unread postby niels » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:39 pm

I got word back from Speidel. Here is Ralf's answer:
Ralf wrote:FYI we made some tests about the matter with the early counting of boiling time.

If you add water after it has reached 88°C for example at 92°C and the temperature goes down to 88°C or so,
It will start counting to early, because it takes more then 2 minutes till the temperature goes higher than 92°C .
Normally you don’t add some water during this period.
But we will modify the software that it count not the time when the temperature goes under a temperature
it has already reached.
Then it is solved in all ways.

Now, let's see how and when the software update becomes available.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby we5ty » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:33 am

I got a little more info on this over the last few weeks - but have only just had some time to look into it.

My supplier contacted spiedel, who asked me to fill 10L into the bm, use a program to go through the mash cycle and take it to the boil and see what happens.

Today I set a program of 1min at 63, 1 min at 78 then boil at 100. I filled with 10L and went through the program, and after the pump cut out the temp continued to rise to 100.

I assume this is just a software issue - the lag time at 88ºC is too short when the bm is at 30L+ so the machine assumes it is at boil. Hopefully it will be fixed when we upgrade.

Has anyone else had any problems like this with the new controller?

Cheers,

Josh
we5ty

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Previous

Return to General / Tips and Tricks