Adjusting mid brew

How to get most out of brewing with your Braumeister? Help others and share your tips/best practices.

Adjusting mid brew

Unread postby jimswms » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:56 pm

On my second batch now. I had it programmed as I wanted. Or, so I thought. Midway through the mash I wanted to adjust the timing on a step but couldn't figure out how to edit it. I had to stop the system and start from scratch with the programming. Is there a way to edit midway through or do you have to stop? I couldn't find it in the manual.

Thanks
jimswms

Model: 20 litres

Re: Adjusting mid brew

Unread postby niels » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:47 pm

There is no way to edit the current schedule once it is started. I had to find it out the hard way too.

I'll forward this to Speidel as maybe this will be possible with the new control box.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby jimswms » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:00 pm

niels wrote:There is no way to edit the current schedule once it is started. I had to find it out the hard way too.

I'll forward this to Speidel as maybe this will be possible with the new control box.

- Niels

That's what I figured. It's too bad. Seems like an easy programming consideration/oversight on their part. However, once I get a few more brews under my belt, I'm sure it won't be a big deal at all.

Thanks
jimswms

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby BrauTim » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:07 pm

The easiest method mid-schedule is switch to manual mode and go from there, or reprogram and adjust the times (as it sounds like you did).
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Model: 50 litres

Return to General / Tips and Tricks