Here's a dumb question before my first brew

How to get most out of brewing with your Braumeister? Help others and share your tips/best practices.

Here's a dumb question before my first brew

Unread postby jimswms » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:10 pm

There's no dumb questions right?

I'm going to brew today. Last night I heated water to boiling. All went well. The thing I thought odd was that it didn't pump up and over the malt pipe like seen in videos. It seems like it shouldn't matter if there is grain in there or not. Water level stayed the same. Maybe the pump requires some resistance to pump up and over? Dunno. Probably overthinking the process a bit...
jimswms

Model: 20 litres

Re: Here's a dumb question before my first brew

Unread postby jimswms » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Alright. That was a dumb question. Just mashed in and all is well. I can tell already, this machine is going to make brewing feel like cheating. Exactly what I was looking for.
jimswms

Unread postby ibbones » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:37 pm

jimswms wrote: I can tell already, this machine is going to make brewing feel like cheating. Exactly what I was looking for.

I only have two brews in but that is exactly what I thought. I'm really going to love this BM thing.
"BONES"
20 Liter BM
ibbones

Unread postby jimswms » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:02 pm

ibbones wrote:
jimswms wrote: I can tell already, this machine is going to make brewing feel like cheating. Exactly what I was looking for.

I only have two brews in but that is exactly what I thought. I'm really going to love this BM thing.

Yeah. 4hrs in and I'm just about to rack to a fermenter. I've never had such an easy brewing day. The pump is handling 140g pellets no problem as its chilling.

I bought this because I needed to take some space back. I'm switching from a Sabco Brew Magic. I wish I knew about this when I bought the "other" BM. If the beer is any good, this is a no brainer. Anybody want a well used, 10 year old Sabco brew Magic? :beer:
jimswms

Return to General / Tips and Tricks