Initial Set-up For A Brew, Half Batch

How to get most out of brewing with your Braumeister? Help others and share your tips/best practices.

Initial Set-up For A Brew, Half Batch

Unread postby HopSong » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 pm

IF I get permission from Speidel to use the BM while waiting for a new one.. I'd like to just try it out using some old grain. I'd like to do a 10 liter (2.5 gallon) batch. Probably an APA.

I still have to make an adapter to go from the 220v stove outlet to the adapter that Nesto suggested. I have all the parts (I think)

I have the short malt pipe.. now I'd like some suggestions on to program the unit. What are your suggestions for rests, etc
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Model: 20 litres

Re: Initial Set-up For A Brew, Half Batch

Unread postby Nesto » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:41 pm

HbgBill wrote:IF I get permission from Speidel to use the BM while waiting for a new one.. I'd like to just try it out using some old grain. I'd like to do a 10 liter (2.5 gallon) batch. Probably an APA.

I still have to make an adapter to go from the 220v stove outlet to the adapter that Nesto suggested. I have all the parts (I think)

I have the short malt pipe.. now I'd like some suggestions on to program the unit. What are your suggestions for rests, etc

Philthebrewer and Cervantes posted several profiles over in the Mash Profile section (viewforum.php?f=20). I put a few in there too. Unless I'm doing something that really needs the step mashing, I usually keep it simple. Start at 40C for 10 mins (lots of good things going on with a short stop here), then go right to a single saccharification rest (probably 67C for an APA), then mash out at 77C.

Model: 20 litres

Return to General / Tips and Tricks