Element becoming exposed

How to get most out of brewing with your Braumeister? Help others and share your tips/best practices.

Element becoming exposed

Unread postby Fliegende Gans » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:44 am

On my BM 50L, I'm finding my outer element is becoming exposed during the mash period resulting in me having to add water!

I'm doing a 30L brew with the 50L malt pipe, so my water calculations are off somewhat.

I'm using beersmith with a 5.9kg grain bill and beersmith stated to add 43.4 lts water, but I've had to add another 3 to 4 lts to keep the element covered. So somewhere in my beersmith settings the water/grain ratio must be wrong!!

Cheers for any help
Fliegende Gans

Model: 50 litres

Re: Element becoming exposed

Unread postby MatthewEngels » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Fliegende Gans wrote:On my BM 50L, I'm finding my outer element is becoming exposed during the mash period resulting in me having to add water! I'm doing a 30L brew with the 50L malt pipe, so my water calculations are off somewhat and have the latest phen375. I'm using beersmith with a 5.9kg grain bill and beersmith stated to add 43.4 lts water, but I've had to add another 3 to 4 lts to keep the element covered. So somewhere in my beersmith settings the water/grain ratio must be wrong!!
Cheers for any help

You need a shorter malt pipe. I had the same problem, but a short malt pipe solved my problem and it was cheaper than the new element.
MatthewEngels

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Return to General / Tips and Tricks