Temp issues (still)

How to get most out of brewing with your Braumeister? Help others and share your tips/best practices.

Re: Temp issues (still)

Unread postby mashy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Have you spoken to Speidel ?

I agree this seems circ related so...

1. Pump failure. Not performing as it should or underpowered - does your have a knob on it ?
2. Bottom seal
3. Grain mix?
4. Grain size?
5. Water ?
6. Sieves ?? Which ones are you using?
7. Probe -maybee not if ok with water
8. Loose Wiring ??
9. Controller and Firmware ??
10. Mechanical failure or blockage
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Onthebrew » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:44 pm

have spoken at length with spiedel over last 18 months to no avail- their communication has been good but they seem convinced its crush and seemingly do not accept its a fault with the BM as it stands.

1. pump- seems to work fine and spiedel seem to think this is not an issue.
3&4. grain- i purchase crushed grain and have done from LHBS, geterbrewed, brewuk, homebrew Irleand- doesn't make a difference even when i specify crush
6. the ones that came with it, and also recently the bespoke one as detailed on other thread- no apparent difference in this regard
8. loose wiring - possible i guess?
9. controller/firmware- all seems fine
10. no blockage as works fine most of time and perfect with 27 litres of water.

The strange thing is that the heater despite only activating for about 30 seconds or so manages to raise temp by 1.5C or 2C in some cases over a period of 5 minutes or so. that shouldnt be possible

could the heater still be heating even though control panel says it isn't. But if that was the case the same would have applied with the water only mash.
Onthebrew

Unread postby mashy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:04 am

The strange thing is that the heater despite only activating for about 30 seconds or so manages to raise temp by 1.5C or 2C in some cases over a period of 5 minutes or so. that shouldnt be possible

could the heater still be heating even though control panel says it isn't. But if that was the case the same would have applied with the water only mash.

I was thinking heating. But stopped short 'cos I came to the conclusion that its not heating all of the wort, just the outer bit, through the pump and under the tube. Which I reckon (guesssing) it could do.??

Very strange.

Another bonkers thought. Is the heater overated/delivering more heat per second, than the controller thinks ? So is out of calibration ? How do you test the rating of an element?
mashy

Unread postby Onthebrew » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 am

i did burn the element quite soon soon after purchase in clean up ( had pump on and malt pipe in and not enough water)

half of it was black but after a few goes with bar keepers friend it looked good as new- but was some damage done?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2302
Onthebrew

Previous

Return to General / Tips and Tricks