Speidel Braumeister Manual

How to get most out of brewing with your Braumeister? Help others and share your tips/best practices.

Re: Speidel Braumeister Manual

Unread postby desupero » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Some early observations...

The maximum weight of grain is not include on tech specs page.
Recipes on their website show 23l for a 20l batch, and again on page 11/32 it mentions 23l. If you add 23l to the 50l boiler and use the 20l insert, that is not enough water to cover the heating coils once the mash starts. I found this out during my first brew and frantically added water (however, as the lid was on i was a little late and had wort burn onto the coils. As the system allows you to "get other things done" while its brewing new users might well go off and get something else done only to end up with a mess on their hands (and so i see this being as being a safety issue not to mention it).
Nothing is too difficult for the man that does not have to do it himself...
desupero

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Nesto » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:37 am

desupero wrote:Some early observations...

The maximum weight of grain is not include on tech specs page.
Recipes on their website show 23l for a 20l batch, and again on page 11/32 it mentions 23l. If you add 23l to the 50l boiler and use the 20l insert, that is not enough water to cover the heating coils once the mash starts. I found this out during my first brew and frantically added water (however, as the lid was on i was a little late and had wort burn onto the coils. As the system allows you to "get other things done" while its brewing new users might well go off and get something else done only to end up with a mess on their hands (and so i see this being as being a safety issue not to mention it).

I don't have a 50l or a short malt pipe myself, but the short pipe for the 50l system is 25l (not 20l). So I assume you need to scale up 20l recipes to 25l.

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby MattSR » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:40 am

bruulog wrote:All the manuals are here:
http://www.speidels-braumeister.de/down ... ister.html

Those are still for the old controller unfortunately!!
MattSR

Unread postby niels » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:09 pm

I added the manual for the new 10-20-50 L models.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby nibber » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:48 pm

Has anyone ever commented on this - in the Main Fermentatation Section of the old manual which also appears in the updated November 2014 model manual which states - "Sulphuric acid should be filled into the fermentation lock so as to ensure that no foreign organisms enter the vessel". Sulphuric acid?? :? :? :? :?
nibber

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby Castlebrew » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:54 pm

Replace the word sulphuric with peracetic I think :D
nibber wrote:Has anyone ever commented on this - in the Main Fermentatation Section of the old manual which also appears in the updated November 2014 model manual which states - "Sulphuric acid should be filled into the fermentation lock so as to ensure that no foreign organisms enter the vessel". Sulphuric acid?? :? :? :? :?
Castlebrew

Model: 200 litres

Previous

Return to General / Tips and Tricks