Tap

Experiencing technical problems? Look here for help!

Tap

Unread postby michaeloxley » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:11 pm

hi
I have done two brews now and getting into the swing of things am having problems with the tap i can't stop it from leaking everything looks fine (all looks new) but it still leaks when it is closed. Would the company send me out another tap if i ask (different tap)
michaeloxley

Re: Tap

Unread postby Dicko » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:19 pm

It may be in order to contact your retailer and explain the problem.

The tap on the early model BM's did give trouble and many users replaced the tap with a standard half inch ball valve with a reducer.

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Nesto » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:55 am

michaeloxley wrote:hi
I have done two brews now and getting into the swing of things am having problems with the tap i can't stop it from leaking everything looks fine (all looks new) but it still leaks when it is closed. Would the company send me out another tap if i ask (different tap)

This is what I did...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=371&p=3668&hilit=replacement+tap#p3681

Unread postby royco » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:55 am

Like that QD idea. I use a Gardena-type but yours looks proper. Any benefit using a 3/4 ball valve and a matching QD for better flow? Saves one reducer.
royco

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Nesto » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:21 am

royco wrote:

Like that QD idea. I use a Gardena-type but yours looks proper. Any benefit using a 3/4 ball valve and a matching QD for better flow? Saves one reducer.

Even better - I already had the 1/2" QD, so went with the extra reducer.

Unread postby dinnerstick » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:34 pm

the problems with the earlier version of the tap had to do with the teflon sleeve twisting in the housing and restricting flow, rather than the tap leaking, as far as i know. mine definitely had the former problem. they corrected the design and were sending out free replacements for that early tap. if you don't find a solution online (and aren't going to swap out the tap for something fancy) i would definitely contact speidel through their website, they are quick to reply.
dinnerstick

Unread postby Jake99 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:28 pm

dinnerstick wrote:the problems with the earlier version of the tap had to do with the teflon sleeve twisting in the housing and restricting flow, rather than the tap leaking, as far as i know. mine definitely had the former problem. they corrected the design and were sending out free replacements for that early tap. if you don't find a solution online (and aren't going to swap out the tap for something fancy) i would definitely contact speidel through their website, they are quick to reply.

I received my BM this week,yesterday i did my first brew and i also have a leaking tap,between the teflon and lets say the handle.
Jake99

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby Hacksaw » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:13 am

I've had a 20l for 6 weeks. I've done 4 brews and the tap always leaks when the bm is charged with cold water. It stops leaking when the water get over about 30c. I've been living with it but tempted to contact spiedel if they have a fix as it would be helpful to be able to to leave it charged over night so I can treat the water the day before a brew day. I bought my unit in dec 2014. I'm assuming they just send out a new tap to screw in?
Hacksaw

Unread postby Lindh » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:42 am

Bought my 50l in nov14 and had a leaking tap. Got a new one from the retailer but it suffered from the same problem. Really irritaiting since I like to fill it up the night before. Right now a place a bucket underneath the tap
Lindh

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Jake99 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:37 am

This is something which i doesn't understand for a company such as Speidel,They had this issue on there previous BM en even now they experience the same issue with the taps.
I guess they have different water over there in germany :-)
Jake99

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby Onthebrew » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Just waking up this topic again. Currently doing a dry run with water only before my first use.

The tap drips A bit.

It seems that this a commen problem, but before taking it up with supplier , wanted to check that it's not something else I've done wrong. I tightened the tap manually, then because of drip tightened further with plyers. Still drips from the washer. Is there I fix I am missing or do I need them to send out a new tap.
Onthebrew

Return to Technical Support