TEMP ERR reading.

Experiencing technical problems? Look here for help!

TEMP ERR reading.

Unread postby Bigstew » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:38 am

When I attempt to brew I get the "TEMP ERR," reading on the control panel. This is both on manual and automatic. To make matters even worse the new (5 moth old,) pump wont switch on either. I have a terrible feeling its the contol panel. Just grasping at straws here has anyone done or know how to do a factory reset on the control panel as one would do with a laptop or ipad. Just trying to get the bugger working. Have contacted Speidel about this and the condensation which has started to appear inside the screen of the control unit.
Bigstew

Model: 20 litres

Re: TEMP ERR reading.

Unread postby Nolan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Well, I don’t know how bad your condensation problem is ?

I brew mostly outside on the veranda. During summer, above 20º C, the screen shows no condensation at all.
During winter, below 12º C, sometimes a little, but, causing no problems so far.
If I would be concerned, I would use a hairdryer to warm slightly the screen.
Sometimes an early sun does the trick for me and warms the panel, the condensation disappears.

Not sure, about a factory reset ?
But, have you tried the latest software update: 1.1.27 - 120918, released 16.01.2019 ?
Nolan

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread postby Bigstew » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 am

Thank you for the reply. Been in contact with Spiedel and they have asked me to check the pump and controller connection with a multimeter to see if the controler is defective. If it is I will have to purchase a new one. With postage thats £300 wish I had got the brewdevil now.
Bigstew

Unread postby mashy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Look at the ALVA controller - quite sweet
mashy

Return to Technical Support