Temp Sensor malfunctioning

Experiencing technical problems? Look here for help!

Temp Sensor malfunctioning

Unread postby sgdaher » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:21 am

I was running my 6th batch of beer through my 50L Braumeister. Through the mash it was fine, then when I was heating to boil I got the alert I reached boiling temperature. However it said set / actual was 212°F/215°F which was not correct as it was not even at a boil. I checked the temperature with my thermapen and it was only at 184°F which is not a good sign. I aborted the batch and unplugged it for about a minute and plugged back in, it then started to read 999.5°F
I called my retailer morebeer.com they were not much help, they suggested I buy a new temperature probe kit. I received it today and replaced it. I then powered on the braumeister and it continued to read 999.5°F. I then googled calibration and found instructions:
1. Click settings
2. Press down arrow 4 times
3. Press up arrow 3 times
4. Press down arrow 1 time
5. Press up arrow 1 time
I did this and found calibration, it went though a bunch of numbers changing then stopped I selected the check mark, aborted out of that screen then power cycled the unit after 30 seconds unplugged. When it came up it read 32°F I filled with water above the burner and manually selected heat I saw it rising but still only went to 37°F before I shut it off. I checked with thermapen and it was actually 87°F
I replaced the new sensor with old sensor and was reading the same 37°F
I paid almost $3K for this braumeister including wifi module and almost got six batches out of it. Can you please offer me some assistance as nobody knows how to support this device
sgdaher

Re: Temp Sensor malfunctioning

Unread postby mashy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:06 am

Have you emailed speidel?
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Apljosi » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Is it the new or old control unit? When I got the 999.5 temp it was the control unit that was bad and needed repairement.
Apljosi

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread postby sgdaher » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 pm

i emailed the same text from post above to Stefan Speidel at s.speidel@speidel-behaelter.de but have not received a response, is there a better email to email?
sgdaher

Unread postby sgdaher » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:33 pm

i have the new control head and running the latest firmware. it is now reading 29.5°F
sgdaher

Unread postby mashy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:30 am

Apljosi wrote:Is it the new or old control unit? When I got the 999.5 temp it was the control unit that was bad and needed repairement.

That was my thinking. Is the unit still under warranty?
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby sgdaher » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:16 pm

unit was till under warranty, sent controller in to braumeister as troubleshooting with them over the phone deemed it was a controller issue. almost two months to come back i connect it all together and power it up and same issue reading 999.5C WTF? i disconnected power removed temp sensor powered up and same reading without temp sensor 999.5°C
sgdaher

Return to Technical Support