My Speidel Control Panel Doesn't Recognize New Firmware

Experiencing technical problems? Look here for help!

Unread postby drgonzo2k2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:53 pm

Just got the wifi module connected to my BM20, downloaded the software updater, and updated everything with no issues to 1.1.27.

I've verified on the DM that is the firmware version it is running.

On My Speidel though, when I go to the control panel it tells me set temperature, current mode, etc. are ONLY VISIBLE WITH THE LATEST SOFTWARE.

Then it gives me a link which takes me back to download the same thing.

Any thoughts? I have tried turning it off and back on again, and that didn't help.
"Remember, no one is an Einstein after nine steins!"
drgonzo2k2

Re: My Speidel Control Panel Doesn't Recognize New Firmware

Unread postby drgonzo2k2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Oh, and for what it's worth, in the device settings on My Speidel it also shows the BM is running 1.1.27.
drgonzo2k2

Unread postby nibber » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Could be that with the latest firmware in the Braumeister that the My Speidel app requires a forthcoming (and as yet unreleased) update as the new controller firmware has only just been released.
I will update my machines in the next couple of days and see what happens :beer:
Last edited by nibber on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nibber

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby Joe1002 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:40 am

Joe1002

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby nibber » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:00 am

nibber wrote:Could be that with latest firmware in the Braumeister that the My Speidel app requires a forthcoming (and as yet unreleased) update as the new controller firmware has only just been released.
I will update my machines in the next couple of days and see what happens :beer:

My assumption was correct then lol. :beerbang:
nibber

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby f00b4r » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:38 pm

What isn't very clear in the instructions shown above is that you have to go into the WiFi settings on the BM itself and register your MySpeidel account there too ("on the Braumeister control - please go to WIFI and there to REGISTER and there type in your email which is registered for MySpeidel. See also the guideline added which was included in the ZIP file.")

Some people seemed to be having issues with their unit crashing at this point but it was related to a poor WiFi signal, relocate your BM to an area with a good signal and try again.

Oh and make sure you have a MySpeidel account to start with ;)
f00b4r

Unread postby f00b4r » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:41 pm

Oh and the new software also now shows the countdown to hop additions, ok was slightly confused by the release notes until someone posted about this on the Facebook page.
f00b4r

Unread postby drgonzo2k2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:17 pm

f00b4r wrote:Image

What isn't very clear in the instructions shown above is that you have to go into the WiFi settings on the BM itself and register your MySpeidel account there too ("on the Braumeister control - please go to WIFI and there to REGISTER and there type in your email which is registered for MySpeidel. See also the guideline added which was included in the ZIP file.")

Some people seemed to be having issues with their unit crashing at this point but it was related to a poor WiFi signal, relocate your BM to an area with a good signal and try again.

Hey, that did the trick! Agreed that the instructions weren't very clear there, although being male I have a predisposition to not reading instructions completely or sometimes not at all :lol:
drgonzo2k2

Unread postby f00b4r » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:18 pm

drgonzo2k2 wrote:
f00b4r wrote:Image

Hey, that did the trick! Agreed that the instructions weren't very clear there, although being male I have a predisposition to not reading instructions completely or sometimes not at all :lol:

Glad to hear it worked, I don't think you are alone in that :)
f00b4r

Return to Technical Support