New beta FW 1.1.26

Experiencing technical problems? Look here for help!

New beta FW 1.1.26

Unread postby mikeschmidt » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:54 pm

Changed to 25: Timer function for water heating or mashing, remember wifi connections, bugfixes

I had configured my router to assign a static IP for my Braumeister's MAC address.

With this FW update I was unable to get the Braumeister to connect to my WI-FI network using DHCP option until I removed the static IP assignment on my router. Then it connected OK.

In my view this is not working correctly.

I have not tried yet with static IP router reservation and manual network configuration on the Braumeister. Even if this works it is not correct.

I am currently running a test mash schedule (with water) to see if the connection is more robust.

[edit] I thought the IP address was visible during the brew session. It is only visible in settings menu and "home" screen.
mikeschmidt

Model: 20 litres

Re: New beta FW 1.1.26

Unread postby gandalf the brew » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:05 pm

I have just updated from 25 to Beta 26 to try it out.
I had previously set my static IP address at 192.168.1.5 using my Mac address in the router, after the update it remained the same, just as I thought it would do, My Speidel Connect found the wifi unit straight away.
All went exactly as the program when I ran a dummy water only brew with no temp overshoot, I'll try it again with grain in a few days.
I'm not sure what bugs were fixed with 26 as I didn't have any except temp overshoot.
Carrots are good for your eyesight, but beer doubles your vision
gandalf the brew

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread postby mikeschmidt » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:51 pm

In previous version mine would lose WiFi connection during mash and could not reconnect. At same time all other devices (raspberryPi, phone, Sonos speaker and IP camera) were working ok with same access point.

With my 2 water tests everything but the static IP reservation was working ok.

I should try the static IP again.
mikeschmidt

Unread postby gandalf the brew » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Are you using your BM units mac address in the DCHP reservation of the router ?
Carrots are good for your eyesight, but beer doubles your vision
gandalf the brew

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread postby mikeschmidt » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 pm

That is how I was reserving the IP but I didn't do so with my last brew because of the problem I was having. I may try again.
mikeschmidt

Return to Technical Support