60% Efficency - what is wrong?

Experiencing technical problems? Look here for help!

Re: 60% Efficency - what is wrong?

Unread postby gandalf the brew » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:35 pm

First of all too finer crush can result in dough balls, it also can cause a stuck sparge, also the final wort could be darker than you wanted.The plus side of a finer crush is that it can improve efficency.
What I prefer is to crack the hull and expose the starch without completely breaking up the husk.

This link to Brulosophy is worth a read:
http://brulosophy.com/2015/11/23/mind-the-gap-course-vs-fine-crush-exbeeriment-results/
Carrots are good for your eyesight, but beer doubles your vision
gandalf the brew

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread postby HobbyBrauer » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:49 am

I will toss this out there as a word of caution. Do not assume setting a mill gap to a certain width will correlate with a certain efficiency. The crush is very dependent not only on the gap but the style of rollers and driving speed. For example, I use a MattMill Kompakt love the mill but took a long time to dial in. I tried setting the gap at 1.2mm but had dough balls all day. Dialed it up to 1.4mm and now have a consistent 80% efficiency. I use a gear motor to power so my speed is consistent at 60 rpm for anyone wondering. Just my .02
HobbyBrauer

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby lindseynicole010 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:48 am

One of their best offering things is the Xcam2 remote camera framework. The Xcam2 goes for around and it can go inside or outside your home. Besides, this surveillance camera records everything and you can see the photo ideal from your TV. Xcam2 is a small camera yet effective and it will convey live COLOR video to your TV or VCR. The following are the 3 primary preferences of the Xcam2 remote camera:
* Great for checking around your home or business.
* 100 foot run through dividers and floors.
* Wireless video direct to your TV or VCR.
Thanks& regards,
Lindsey Nicole
Security Cameras Toronto | Security Cameras Vancouver
lindseynicole010

Previous

Return to Technical Support