temperature sensor problem

Experiencing technical problems? Look here for help!

Re: temperature sensor problem

Unread postby fy0d0r » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Meanwhile I've got in touch with Speidel.

They're extremely customer-focused indeed (even got Russian-speaking staff available :shock: )

There are two models of sensors in BM: old (pre mid-2011 with black smaller connector on the photo) and new (post mid-2011 with larger steel connector)

To unscrew the sensor it has to be heated by hairdryer.

The cost of the sensor if buying from them is € 23,-- / € 29,-- (+ 5,95 to ship to Russia) they're happy to issue an invoice and accept PayPal payment or money transfer.

Sensor.jpg
fy0d0r

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby niels » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:25 pm

fy0d0r: If you're planning on prying open your defect probe, let us know what is inside ;)

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby andrewkeycell » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:06 pm

here's my story^

the next monday after my temp probe was died, Ralf frome the Braumeister contacted me, he told, that this problem is because of temp probe, and asked me where should Spiedel deliver me the new one.

i gave him an address of my friend in Nuremberg, and recieved my detail in 2 weeks after a friend of my friend delivered it to me to Kiev!

everythings working great!

more beers to come!

Thank you spiedel
andrewkeycell

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby BrauTim » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Just got around to replacing the probe in my BM today, it was a bit of a hassle because the nut has loctite applied so it was difficult to undo for the length of the thread, luckily Mrs BrauTim was around to lend a helping hand otherwise I don't think I could have done it on my own.

The original has one fibre washer on the inside of the vessel and one nut on the outside, the replacement that was sent to me has two fibre washers and two nuts so I decided not to bother with loctite and used a fibre washer on the inside and outside and used the second nut as a locknut, which will make removal a one man job, it was a one man job to refit.

Test boiled and all OK - ready to brew again :D
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Unread postby rocketman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:51 am

BrauTim wrote:Just got around to replacing the probe in my BM today, it was a bit of a hassle because the nut has loctite applied so it was difficult to undo for the length of the thread, luckily Mrs BrauTim was around to lend a helping hand otherwise I don't think I could have done it on my own.

The original has one fibre washer on the inside of the vessel and one nut on the outside, the replacement that was sent to me has two fibre washers and two nuts so I decided not to bother with loctite and used a fibre washer on the inside and outside and used the second nut as a locknut, which will make removal a one man job, it was a one man job to refit.

Yay!

Do you still have the old one? Could you try to open it up and see what kind of sensor it is, pictures
would be very helpful.

Cheers, Fredrik
rocketman

Unread postby BrauTim » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:41 pm

rocketman wrote:
BrauTim wrote:Just got around to replacing the probe in my BM today, it was a bit of a hassle because the nut has loctite applied so it was difficult to undo for the length of the thread, luckily Mrs BrauTim was around to lend a helping hand otherwise I don't think I could have done it on my own.

Yay!

Do you still have the old one? Could you try to open it up and see what kind of sensor it is, pictures
would be very helpful.

Cheers, Fredrik

Any idea how you open it?
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Unread postby niels » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:53 pm

BrauTim wrote:Any idea how you open it?

I think you'll simply have to cut it open with a Dremel-like device?

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby rocketman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Or if it's possible to pull it out from the tube?
rocketman

Previous

Return to Technical Support