The 50litre gives you options!

This is the place to brag about your brewhouse set-up. Pictures are greatly appreciated!

The 50litre gives you options!

Unread postby BrauTim » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:06 pm

I'm only just realising the options this size of BM gives me:

I've just done a Munich Dunkel Weizen and split the batch into 2 x 23 litres, I have two fermentation fridges on STC1000's and have pitched one batch with S-33 and the other with rebranded [what I think is] Mauri Weiss yeast, so I can have two different full sized beers for the price of one brewday, for the cost of about an extra 2 hours effort.

I can do a Parti-Gyle (thinking of doing this on my next English style) producing a high strength (above 5% is high for me) ESB and a more ordinary 4-4.5% Bitter from a single batch of grain.

This isn't knocking the 20L BM, but does anyone have any other advantages for the 50L BM ?
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Model: 50 litres

Re: The 50litre gives you options!

Unread postby leosardinha » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:47 pm

You can also do a high gravity beer with the big malt pipe.

I mashed with 42 liters and 10kg of grains, no sparge and 90 minute boil.

I ended with about 25 liters at 1.080.
Baleia Brewing Co.
leosardinha

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby Luis Coentrao » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi Tim,
Olá Leo,

Just for answering, don't take me seriously :beer:

I think we should say: "the 50litre gives you quantity!" :D
If it is true that "the 50litre gives you options", both the BM200 and BM500 should give us 10X more options.... But what they do offer to their owners is volume/quantity.High gravity options and double batches are also possible with the "cosy" BM20, but with lower Batch volumes!

Let me share with you the real advantages of the BM20: logistics and rationality!
Logistics: Brew your own! Easy brew with no lifting issues! Easy transport and storage! As you get 20L you brew more times, get new recipes.
Rationality: an easy 1 Brew/month gives you sufficient beer to have fun, share with family/friends and... to sell some if you want to (off course, If we want to take the business more seriously, we should get a biger model, but why not the BM200?)
Brewday is a joy, not a torture :beerbang:

:cheers:
Luis Coentrao

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby Cervantes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:14 am

I've just purchased a short malt pipe for the 20L to allow me to brew 10 litre experimental or speciality batches.

It means that I don't then up with 20 litres of something that i don't really enjoy or only drink once in a blue moon.
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
Cervantes

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Batz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:47 am

BrauTim wrote:I'm only just realising the options this size of BM gives me:

I've just done a Munich Dunkel Weizen and split the batch into 2 x 23 litres, I have two fermentation fridges on STC1000's and have pitched one batch with S-33 and the other with rebranded [what I think is] Mauri Weiss yeast, so I can have two different full sized beers for the price of one brewday, for the cost of about an extra 2 hours effort.

I can do a Parti-Gyle (thinking of doing this on my next English style) producing a high strength (above 5% is high for me) ESB and a more ordinary 4-4.5% Bitter from a single batch of grain.

This isn't knocking the 20L BM, but does anyone have any other advantages for the 50L BM ?

50lt for real brewers hey Tim? :wink:
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Unread postby royco » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:28 pm

BrauTim wrote:I'm only just realising the options this size of BM gives me:

Well, I have to say 50L has no downside, besides the cost. My son has taken his new position as Quality Control Manager so seriously that he is going through about 3L per night, all in the name of quality. I chip in with my 2c worth so between us a 50L batch lasts max 2 weeks. In fact, a BM 100L would be great. :beerbang:
royco

Return to Show-off