My new Brew setup for up to 150L batches

This is the place to brag about your brewhouse set-up. Pictures are greatly appreciated!

Re: My new Brew setup for up to 150L batches

Unread postby Gav » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:58 pm

Cervantes wrote:Thanks for that.

I'm keen to give this a try when I next brew a lager. Only on a smaller scale as I have a 20L BM and a keg converted into a kettle.

Just need another pump, or alternatively look into whether I could do this with a gravity drain from the BM to the keg and pump back to the BM.

Gravity is a great idea although im not sure you would get the temp up with the second vessel.
I had to use full flow on both pumps to maintain the same mash temp on both kettle and braumeister.
The 2.5 minute per degree mentioned was with both pumps on max and then balancing from there.
If you had your second vessel at a height of 2 meters you would have .2 bar might be enough. 2 meters is a long way though.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Gav

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Cervantes » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:35 am

Gav wrote:Gravity is a great idea although im not sure you would get the temp up with the second vessel.
I had to use full flow on both pumps to maintain the same mash temp on both kettle and braumeister.
The 2.5 minute per degree mentioned was with both pumps on max and then balancing from there.
If you had your second vessel at a height of 2 meters you would have .2 bar might be enough. 2 meters is a long way though.

Looks like an excuse to buy another pump then. :D
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
Cervantes

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Gav » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:05 pm

My next brew im going to try a double decoction in the ss kettle. Ill pull the mash from the braumeister and boil in the kettle.
So many options with my new setup. Im bloody loving it.
I might even think about setting up a herms system to save the lost time from the extra load and to have sparge water and cleaning water. Ill probably end up with a 3v with a braumeister lol.
Just wish i had the fermentation system working on the ss chronicle. Ill get there.

Beer wasnt made in a day.

Gav

Model: 50 litres

Previous

Return to Show-off