Page 1 of 1

Brewery rebuild project

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:25 pm
by RichM
Finally i've officially re opened my brewery after a rebuild and renervation project that involved a complete re roof of the garage and adjacent brewery area, floor tiles, insulated and clad ceiling, new lighting and a complete paint job. I also invested in some nice stainless steel work benches that give me loads of under shelf storage

Re: Brewery rebuild project

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:33 pm
by mbarn
Funny to see a Coopers FV. I guess it is where a lot of us Braumeister users start!

Re: Brewery rebuild project

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:56 pm
by RichM
mbarn wrote:Funny to see a Coopers FV. I guess it is where a lot of us Braumeister users start!


:D Yes that was my first fermenter way back at the beginning when i started brewing mid 2015 and its lasted the course well despite moving my kit on wards, its great to bottle from, and easy to clean with a solidly built tap system thats easy to take apart, i've literally just moved up to a stainless steel fermenter (thanks to Niels :) ) but i'll still use the Coopers fermenter for cold conditioning and bottling

Brewery rebuild project

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:13 pm
by mbarn
I wish I could buy a 2nd Coopers FV on its own. Yet to find one as good in plastic, and SS is a bit out of my justifiable range.

Re: Brewery rebuild project

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:50 am
by LMoerkens
Nice setup. looks like nothing is holding you back from making great beer :D
:beer:

Re: Brewery rebuild project

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:55 am
by mashy
mbarn wrote:I wish I could buy a 2nd Coopers FV on its own. Yet to find one as good in plastic, and SS is a bit out of my justifiable range.


Worry not. The beer will not notice

Re: Brewery rebuild project

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:06 am
by RichM
Cheers guys, it's been a bit of a labour of love and great now its all how i want it, i did contemplate running water into the brewery and fitting a small sink and drainer into the work surface, but gave it up as a bad idea, my next mission will be to buy up a set of the bits and bobs i normally pro out from the kitchen to the brewery when i'm brewing, things like the scales for weighing, jugs, spoons, scissors, a kettle etc etc as i seem to spend lots of time walking backwards and forwards :D

Re: Brewery rebuild project

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:04 pm
by Dan
RichM wrote:Cheers guys, it's been a bit of a labour of love and great now its all how i want it, i did contemplate running water into the brewery and fitting a small sink and drainer into the work surface, but gave it up as a bad idea, my next mission will be to buy up a set of the bits and bobs i normally pro out from the kitchen to the brewery when i'm brewing, things like the scales for weighing, jugs, spoons, scissors, a kettle etc etc as i seem to spend lots of time walking backwards and forwards :D


:lol: I know that feeling. Before finishing my brew room I'd work up a sweat walking/running between rooms.