Commercial production on BM500 starts next week. Exciting!

This is the place to brag about your brewhouse set-up. Pictures are greatly appreciated!

Re: Commercial production on BM500 starts next week. Excitin

Unread postby Oz11 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Wishing you all the best with this, looks like a thing of beauty! 8)
FV: Northdown/EKG Bitter
Cond: Oatmeal Stout
On MiniKeg: Boadicea Bitter, Single Hop Boadicea, Dogbolter, US Amber
Bottled: Triple Stout, English Wheat Beer, Salem Porter, Triple Stout '15, JHB, Exmoor Gold, APA, Foundryman's Gold, Whitbread 1905 XK, US IPA, Irish Stout, SNPA, Autumn Mild, US Stout, Summit IPA, Milk Stout, Jaipur, 1930's Courage Stout

http://www.PubsAndBeer.co.uk
Oz11

Location: Tonbridge, Kent. UK. Brewing at the Rockin Robin Brewery (15BBL), Maidstone.
Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Wezzel » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Wow, it really is exactly like a BM20 - just a hell of a lot bigger
Wezzel

Unread postby mbarn » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:20 pm

How are you getting on?
mbarn

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby haarigekuh » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:13 pm

NIce looking setup. How did the first brew go? We are pretty much set up and hope to get our first 500l beer on tomorrow morning. Still trying to figure out where we are going to stick the monster malt pipe after sparging. I guess we need to build a small swimming pool, we don't have the luxury of floor drainage yet.
haarigekuh

Model: 500 litres

Unread postby steveloranz » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Kinslahger Brewing Company started brewing on our 500l BM in Oak Park, IL (US) at the end of January. The scale of the 500 vs the 50 does present some interesting differences and it took a good 5-6 batches before we hit our stride. I plan to write up my experiences and will post that soon.
steveloranz

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby fredhol » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:20 am

Hi danielloef (and everyone) !

I just come back from a visit to a friend owner of a 500l (in the idea to become myself owner of such "object" in 2016... ;-)
This is what I learnt :
- cooling is better with an extra outside chiller (you should then buy an extra pump because the internal BM500 pump does not activate under 85°C... and I don't think that's really nice to wait dozen of minutes to get the appropriate temperature)
- it's really useful to automatise the hand-lifting mecanism. This is done quite easily to adapt with a motor and really appreciate as it seems you use this leverage so many times during the process (moving equipments with BM500 around are not as easy as it is with BM20-50...)
IMG_1609.JPG
the automatism of the lifting system

- a really useful tool is the optional rolling malt pipe equipment. To wash it better, you just have to ask to adapt it with 2 holes (see pictures for better explanation)
IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

Hope this help !

But... a very BAD point of the 500 (instead of of course the 200, 50, 10) seems to be the cleaning of the healing system ("serpentine")...
it seems you have to wash manually (1hr of job) as the conventional acid/soda cleaning does not wash them properly. If you don't clean them you'll get a burnt flavor into your beers at the end...
==> Does anyone has this issue and how to solve it ??

Fred

PS: Dear administrator of this very useful community, don't you think we could create a special topic for the BM500 because it seems there is a lot to adjust on this equipment... And as far as I know your community is the only/best info on the internet ! Did not find any other interesting info of add-on for BM500 so far...
fredhol

Unread postby fredhol » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:36 pm

steveloranz wrote:Kinslahger Brewing Company started brewing on our 500l BM in Oak Park, IL (US) at the end of January. The scale of the 500 vs the 50 does present some interesting differences and it took a good 5-6 batches before we hit our stride. I plan to write up my experiences and will post that soon.

Thanks for the experience return !
Impatient to hear about it :)
fredhol

Unread postby PerzellBrewing » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:43 pm

fredhol wrote:
But... a very BAD point of the 500 (instead of of course the 200, 50, 10) seems to be the cleaning of the healing system ("serpentine")...
it seems you have to wash manually (1hr of job) as the conventional acid/soda cleaning does not wash them properly. If you don't clean them you'll get a burnt flavor into your beers at the end...
==> Does anyone has this issue and how to solve it ??

Fred

I ran into problems with cleaning my coils on my BM20. I picked up one of these brushes and now it isn't a problem (https://forum.braumeisters.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1562). Maybe look at getting a similar brush head and attaching it to a cordless drill? Should help you clean thoroughly and cut down on time. :cheers:
BM20 Owner in US
Twitter: @PerzellBrewing
FB: Perzell Brewing
Pinterest: PBrewing
Shop: TeePublic Storefront
PerzellBrewing

Unread postby danielloef » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi guys, bit of an update on the brewery. Still brewing on the BM500 and it has worked well during the past two years, but it is rather manual and time consuming. I’ve learened alot about it during this time. Kond of a love hate relationship We’ve expanded tank capacity several times and also got ourselves a Meheen M6 filler with a labeller. Basically you can kickstart your commercial brewery with a BM. More pics at @jacobstads on instagram. Here are some aswell. I’d be happy to answer any possible questions you might have about the equipment. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
danielloef

Unread postby marcobock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Looks great!
What is your storage capacity and how much do you brew per week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
marcobock

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby mashy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:31 am

Well done. Really nice to see.

Will you double your capacity and buy another BM500 then :D :D :D
mashy

Previous

Return to Show-off