Toads Tavern

This is the place to brag about your brewhouse set-up. Pictures are greatly appreciated!

Toads Tavern

Unread postby moad » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm 4 brews in on the BM and LOVING it. I got myself a refractomoter as well so I could really dial in my process with the new gear. I hit all of my numbers first go and every time however I couldn't work out why I was really high on my FG but the beers were tasting fine. I then realised you have to adjust for alcohol with refractomoters. So everything is going perfectly with the brewing.

Because I figured I'd be churning out some lovely beers I decided to upgrade my old 2 tap fridge and built a big kickass keezer. Really happy with how it turned out considering I am an I.T guy and not a manual labourer at all!

Hope I give someone a few ideas, I have picked up a few from here and am looking to build my brewery a little better and maybe move the keezer to another spot to free up more space. I'll put up some better pictures (I thought I had them on my PC already)

edit: I have since modified the keezer with some blackboard contact, a fan and lights inside and a drip tray. Pics to come

Cheers,

Nick.

keezer.jpg
Last edited by moad on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moad

RE: Toads Tavern

Unread postby Dicko » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:26 am

One thing about brewing on the BM is the consistency of the results...no hit and miss like some other systems.

Fantastic looking Keezer, show us the new pics when you can.:beer:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby cpa4ny » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:02 am

Wow Moad - those 6 taps on the keezer sure keep you busy.

I really dig the stain shade on the collar.

Unread postby niels » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:22 am

That's a cool keezer you created, moad! Nice job!

Although I use a refractometer during brewing I always take my FG samples using a hydrometer. I feel that there is always a slight difference as I find reading the refractometer with fermenting/fermented beer a bit difficult because of the line that blurs. Since I normally only take one or two samples I lose a maximum of one small bottle.

Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Brewing&Sailing » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:40 am

Gorgeous keezer! The trim really makes it.
20l Braumeister

Current Project: 4-tap Keezer w/ Nitro Tap
Kegged: Brickwarmer Ale, Kiwi IPA
Fermenting: Dark Cherry Stout
Brewing&Sailing

Re: Toads Tavern

Unread postby moad » Tue May 27, 2014 12:36 am

Very late but here are some more pics... was a bit dodgy with the chalkboard contact so need to redo it when I can be bothered.

keezer_01.jpg
keezer_02.jpg
keezer_03.jpg
keezer_04.jpg
moad

Return to Show-off