stainless hood

Did you pimp your Braumeister? Show us your mods!

Re: stainless hood

Unread postby hughjampton » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:28 am

I brew in my kitchen, open the outside door and and position a fan to blow the steam out.
When the chill sciroco blows, and winter tells a heavy tale
When pies, and daws, and rooks and crows do sit and curse the frost and snows
Then give me ale.
hughjampton

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby McMullan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:45 pm

hughjampton wrote:I brew in my kitchen, open the outside door and and position a fan to blow the steam out.

I brew in the kitchen too. I'd be lost without the use of the kitchen on brew days. Kerrang! on the Internet radio. A comfortable barstool to park my arse. Enjoying a fresh pot of tea as the homemade pasties bake in the oven during the mash. Another fresh pot of tea to complement the pasties during the boil. Occasionally, I'll bake a blueberry Bakewell tart during the boil to go with yet another fresh pot of tea for the cold break. While the trub settles, and after a long piss following all that tea, I'll take the dog for a walk then collect the kids from school. The BM is a true innovation for brewing at home in your kitchen. I'm beginning to view brew day as kind of an extended tea break these days.
McMullan

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Nesto » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:01 pm

McMullan wrote:
hughjampton wrote:I brew in my kitchen, open the outside door and and position a fan to blow the steam out.

I brew in the kitchen too. I'd be lost without the use of the kitchen on brew days. Kerrang! on the Internet radio. A comfortable barstool to park my arse. Enjoying a fresh pot of tea as the homemade pasties bake in the oven during the mash. Another fresh pot of tea to complement the pasties during the boil. Occasionally, I'll bake a blueberry Bakewell tart during the boil to go with yet another fresh pot of tea for the cold break. While the trub settles, and after a long piss following all that tea, I'll take the dog for a walk then collect the kids from school. The BM is a true innovation for brewing at home in your kitchen. I'm beginning to view brew day as kind of an extended tea break these days.

McMullan, dude! Can I get you to come and cook for me while I brew? ;)

Unread postby McMullan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:01 am

Of course I can, Nesto. Can you book the flights? I usually travel business class :lol:
McMullan

Unread postby RobW » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Andy_Chil wrote:I've just started boiling with the lid partially on with an open gap of 2-3 inches. Considerably better boil and has never come close to boil over. I bring to the boil with the lid off and put it on after the boiling hop addition. No condensation dripping either.

I sit the lid on the malt pipe bracket (auflagebugel) and this achieves a satisfactory boil.
Just requires a little care immediately after hop additions.
I used to leave the lid partially open but occasionally it would slip shut and cause a boil over.

I will acquire a dome eventually but this is OK for now.
RobW

Unread postby rdavidsson » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:08 pm

I made my own stainless steel hood yesterday. I brew in my kitchen but I don´t have proper ventilation.

I bought a stainless steel bowl from IKEA (36cm diameter) + 102mm ventilation pipe (not stainless..), this works perfect with a 100mm flexible ventilation hose.
Total price was 20USD :)
rdavidsson

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby mashy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:38 pm

Very amateur I know, but I have a wok lid sitting on the SS stirrup, with 100 mm plastic extraction hose leading to a bathroom extractor fan.... Bought this to prove it was a sound idea. It Is better..... That that it is spot on.

But now.. After this... I am thinking of a ss upgrade
mashy

Unread postby big_o » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:00 am

I installed some piping above the hood this weekend. Any recommendations on type of extraction fans that won't melt or blow up?
Attachments
piping.JPG
big_o

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Previous

Return to Modifications