Online BM

Did you pimp your Braumeister? Show us your mods!

Online BM

Unread postby Beerkench » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:36 pm

This is not a modification but a wishlist modification….
How awesome would a online BM be with the ability to program in and see its progress from an app?
Dream on.
20L BM user in Sweden.
Beerkench

RE: Online BM

Unread postby Beerkench » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:38 pm

One could wake up on a Sunday moring, switch the BM on remotely, have breakfast then dough in after it's warmed up. Then watch its progress on the phone screen.
The future.
20L BM user in Sweden.
Beerkench

Unread postby Nath83 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:15 pm

That would be pretty awesome. The little microbreweries with the 200L and 500L ones would love that
Nath83

Unread postby cpa4ny » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Agree with the "dream on" part of the statement. :cheers:

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby DWP » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:45 pm

i was thinking about this too, the BM control would only need wi-fi or bluetooth attached to the motherboard. it would have to be a speidel product for me to even consider attaching anything.
DWP

Unread postby royco » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:09 am

What about a 3-station hamster feeder that could release trap-doors at hop addition times?
royco

Model: 50 litres

Re: Online BM

Unread postby jeffbrewjubbly » Thu May 22, 2014 2:31 pm

jeffbrewjubbly

Unread postby jedufa » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Auto-resume after power-off.
As you know, when you have a power failure on your breaker, the Braumeister asks you to resume the last program.
If you could configure an auto-resume, it would start automatically after the power has been put back on.

In such a case, you would put the water in the evening, add a timer on the electrical plug to start at 7am, with water ready at 7h30 for your daught-in
jedufa

Unread postby Grab A Salad » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:14 pm

I did actually suggest something similar to Spiedel a few months back based on a raspberry pi or similar. They didn't sound too keen but they did like my idea to put an optional warning beep and hold in at 97 deg C to reduce the number of boil overs caused by leaving the lid on and forgetting it...

To be honest I can't imagine it would be that hard given that I have a BBQ controller that links to my iPhone and controls my big green egg, a very similar concept...

There would be only one input, the thermistor , and two outputs , pump and temp...

Anyone fancy a crack at a prototype?

Cheers
Dave
Grab A Salad

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby bierfest » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:19 pm

Beerkench wrote:This is not a modification but a wishlist modification….
How awesome would a online BM be with the ability to program in and see its progress from an app?
Dream on.

That would be most cool. Even better if you could simply upload the recipe from your favourite brewing software and it would automatically adjust the schedule and temperatures etc. You could then be notified by the app when it was time to add your hops etc.

Its not actually that far removed form reality.. there are all sorts of projects available on the market right now doing this kind of things.

Last Christmas I installed the Tado (http://www.tado.com) heating contoller to our house and I can now control the heating in our house from anywhere as well as many other cool things.
bierfest

Unread postby Rooster » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:59 am

bierfest wrote:
Beerkench wrote:This is not a modification but a wishlist modification….
Dream on.

That would be most cool. Even better if you could simply upload the recipe from your favourite brewing software and it would automatically adjust the schedule and temperatures etc. You could then be notified by the app when it was time to add your hops etc.

Its not actually that far removed form reality.. there are all sorts of projects available on the market right now doing this kind of things.

Last Christmas I installed the Tado (http://www.tado.com) heating contoller to our house and I can now control the heating in our house from anywhere as well as many other cool things.

So the new Thermomix is along the lines of improvements discussed, a recipe chip :cry: And we bought the previous model....
Rooster

Unread postby niels » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:15 pm

You could always switch to a PicoBrew Zymatic: http://www.picobrew.com/

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby bierfest » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:19 pm

or the brewbot: http://www.brewbot.io/