Pumped outlet Pipe

Did you pimp your Braumeister? Show us your mods!

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby gandalf the brew » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:24 am

mashy wrote:Gandalf

How are you sealing off the center post from pump flow or is it live?

I have cut tees length-wise in the past, so they are semi circular - works well but harder to solder on.


There is no cut in the pump pipe. I filed out the stop ridges on the Tee so it slides down, that way wort can only go up the one pipe and not across.
Carrots are good for your eyesight, but beer doubles your vision
gandalf the brew
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:02 pm
Location: Near Norwich
Model: 10 litres (2015)

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby gandalf the brew » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:39 am

PerzellBrewing wrote:Gandalf:

I like this concept. Anyway you could provide the pipe diameters, parts, and instructions? Sorry to be lazy yank, but more wanting the info so I don't screw it up.

Now that you have me thinking, why not just add another tee to it further down and add small piece that fits into inlet spot. Would cut the piece going into the pump just a tad bit lower than the coils. Like a pump dip tube?


From a lazy Brit to a lazy Yank, I can't be bothered. :lol: :lol: . Seriously, laugh aside, here on this side of the pond we use Metric and US size pipes are not the same.
My pipe is for the BM10 and the pump outlet is in not in the same place as the BM20 so one does not fit the other.
Carrots are good for your eyesight, but beer doubles your vision
gandalf the brew
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:02 pm
Location: Near Norwich
Model: 10 litres (2015)

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby Nashbrew » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:35 pm

gandalf the brew wrote:
PerzellBrewing wrote:Gandalf:

I like this concept. Anyway you could provide the pipe diameters, parts, and instructions? Sorry to be lazy yank, but more wanting the info so I don't screw it up.

Now that you have me thinking, why not just add another tee to it further down and add small piece that fits into inlet spot. Would cut the piece going into the pump just a tad bit lower than the coils. Like a pump dip tube?


From a lazy Brit to a lazy Yank, I can't be bothered. :lol: :lol: . Seriously, laugh aside, here on this side of the pond we use Metric and US size pipes are not the same.
My pipe is for the BM10 and the pump outlet is in not in the same place as the BM20 so one does not fit the other.


I am currently making one from stainless will post pictures and dimensions up once it is up and running.
Don't forget to wake up breathing!
User avatar
Nashbrew
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Abingdon UK
Model: 20 litres (2015)

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby PerzellBrewing » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:51 pm

mashy wrote:
PerzellBrewing wrote:
Now that you have me thinking, why not just add another tee to it further down and add small piece that fits into inlet spot.


Not sure I am with you, do you mean another upright tee'ed off the centre that would be a full height filter, that fits into the inlet?


Talking about a short pipe that inserts into the inlet but only goes a little ways up. Ideal is leave break material at the bottom and only grab the wort. Only talking about a couple of cm here. Maybe just enough to fit into a tee and leave other part of tee open.
BM20 Owner in US
Twitter: @PerzellBrewing
FB: Perzell Brewing
Pinterest: PBrewing
Shop: TeePublic Storefront
User avatar
PerzellBrewing
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:26 pm
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
Model: 20 litres

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby gandalf the brew » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:46 pm

As requested, a sized plan, sorry it is in metric only and not US pipe sizes.
Note: It is only for the BM 10 litre version and will not fit any other size.
Attachments
Outlet pipe.jpg
Carrots are good for your eyesight, but beer doubles your vision
gandalf the brew
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:02 pm
Location: Near Norwich
Model: 10 litres (2015)

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby PerzellBrewing » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:56 pm

gandalf the brew wrote:As requested, a sized plan, sorry it is in metric only and not US pipe sizes.
Note: It is only for the BM 10 litre version and will not fit any other size.

Fantastic!! I will make the conversions. You sir are awesome! :cheers:
BM20 Owner in US
Twitter: @PerzellBrewing
FB: Perzell Brewing
Pinterest: PBrewing
Shop: TeePublic Storefront
User avatar
PerzellBrewing
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:26 pm
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
Model: 20 litres

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby ibbones » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:26 pm

PerzellBrewing wrote:
gandalf the brew wrote:As requested, a sized plan, sorry it is in metric only and not US pipe sizes.
Note: It is only for the BM 10 litre version and will not fit any other size.

Fantastic!! I will make the conversions. You sir are awesome! :cheers:

:beer:
"BONES"
20 Liter BM
ibbones
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:28 pm
Location: Victoria, Texas
Model: 20 litres

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby BarnBrian » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:01 am

I want to make something similar for my 20l BM but am overseas working at the moment. Does anyone have the accurate distance between centres from centre post to pump outlet hole?
BarnBrian
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:07 pm
Location: Ormskirk, Lancashire
Model: 20 litres

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby mashy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:26 pm

Is yours a 2015 or an original?
User avatar
mashy
 
Posts: 2652
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:43 pm
Location: Mercia
Model: 20 litres

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby BarnBrian » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:00 pm

It's a 2015
BarnBrian
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:07 pm
Location: Ormskirk, Lancashire
Model: 20 litres

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby mashy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:22 am

I have a feeling they are different measurements.
User avatar
mashy
 
Posts: 2652
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:43 pm
Location: Mercia
Model: 20 litres

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby mashy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:13 am

If anyone is unsure of soldering, but wants to have a go, you could do this with pipe sealant. I am a recent convert and it does make complex and/or high accuracy jobs much easier.
User avatar
mashy
 
Posts: 2652
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:43 pm
Location: Mercia
Model: 20 litres

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby Nashbrew » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:53 am

Finally got around to making a pump outlet for my 20ltr.
A few bits of tube from the scrap bin at work and the pipe fittings were a tenner from eBay.
Attachments
pumpedoutlet.jpg
Don't forget to wake up breathing!
User avatar
Nashbrew
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Abingdon UK
Model: 20 litres (2015)

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby mashy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Good work. The tap is a nice touch.
User avatar
mashy
 
Posts: 2652
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:43 pm
Location: Mercia
Model: 20 litres

Re: Pumped outlet Pipe

Unread postby Nashbrew » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:34 am

BarnBrian wrote:I want to make something similar for my 20l BM but am overseas working at the moment. Does anyone have the accurate distance between centres from centre post to pump outlet hole?


BarnBrian
the distance between the hole centres is 45mm.
Don't forget to wake up breathing!
User avatar
Nashbrew
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Abingdon UK
Model: 20 litres (2015)

Previous

Return to Modifications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests