120cm Bac Springer

Did you pimp your Braumeister? Show us your mods!

Re: 120cm Bac Springer

Unread postby aziztan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:44 am

nibber wrote:I bought the worse than useless Braumeister hop screen and thought I would buy a BAC springer for my 20 and used it last week for the 1st time and was unimpressed i'me afraid- all I found was that the (albeit leaf) hops dropped to the bottom and rested all around the top of the spring and blocked the flow through the spring so virtually nothing was coming out the tap and it took me twice as long to empty the wort out of it :evil:
Maybe I should start using pellets :mrgreen: what do you use hop wise Mashy ?
A pocket of air can get trapped and affect your flow rate. It's something I intend on doing, and that's to purge it of air before mashing in the grains. I assume you gravity feed into the fermenter as well? This back suction effect will cause the flow rate to slow down significantly.

To be honest, since I use a conical I haven't had to use the spring filter (I dump the trub a day later). But if the air purge doesn't work, then it's off to the Museum of Useless waste of time and money for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
aziztan

Model: 20 litres

Re: 120cm Bac Springer

Unread postby mashy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:18 pm

If I didn't have to move my fermenters about, I would get and utilise a conical like that.

Trouble is they weigh too much, for how I brew. It seems its to travel in and out of the house a couple of times :lol:
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Previous

Return to Modifications