need to replace mesh filter

Did you pimp your Braumeister? Show us your mods!

Re: need to replace mesh filter

Unread postby paulg » Thu May 18, 2017 5:02 pm

@grooves
that looks correct as i have found 350mm quoted as the diameter of the malt pipe,less the thickness of the steel.
The size quoted for the 20l Bm was 266mm and i think the malt pipe is 270mm so it seems correct

@batz
the ebay listing is quoting 40 pounds each,I am going to contact them direct if I can to see if a better price is available.
I see these as a one off purchase unlike the originals that need changing regularly
paulg

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby paulg » Fri May 19, 2017 4:20 pm

ok so I have had a reply from
I enquired about 2 x discs 20 mesh , diameter 346mm with 17mm eyelet and 4mm wire round the outside.
here is the reply

Hi Paul,
Price will be £80 including VAT and delivery by Airmail to Greece.

as you can see it is cheaper than ebay saving the postal cost as ebay quoted 40 pound each plus post which was not quoted

you can contact them here info@inoxia.co.uk

I have ordered them
paulg

Unread postby MattSR » Mon May 22, 2017 4:16 am

Ah excellent - last I checked their eBay auction didn't ship to AU.
MattSR

Unread postby wobdee » Mon May 22, 2017 3:52 pm

paulg wrote:well I originally started this thread but still havent ordered anything.I now really need to decide
I am tempted by the ones wobdee ordered as they seem like they could be a pretty long term solution.I have a 50 litre BM what is the diameter of the kettle ?
and if wobdee is still here what is your thoughts on the discs?

I've used them 3 times so far and they are holding up and working great. Cleaning them is the best part, no more fraying and poked fingers. Only complaint, I should of ordered them a tad larger diameter for a better fit, still get some grains around the edge.
wobdee

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Batz » Tue May 23, 2017 6:49 am

MattSR wrote:Ah excellent - last I checked their eBay auction didn't ship to AU.

Well that's an end to it then. :?
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Unread postby paulg » Tue May 23, 2017 9:24 am

@batz contact them direct on the e-mail I put and ask if they ship to Australia,it didnt say Greece in the ebay listing but no problem they will ship to Greece
paulg

Unread postby aziztan » Tue May 23, 2017 11:14 am

This looks to be the goods. Wished I waited as we have a lot of friends come over from UK to Oz to visit...

I bought the BAC Brewing filter disk (brewuk), whilst better than the original and should longer. However it still has some sharp edges, which makes cleaning a PITA as sponges do get caught.

Hoping to fix this with those SS eyelets...at least resolve the sharp edges for the centre hole anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
aziztan

Unread postby mashy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:26 pm

I wash mine on the flat of the sink. Tap on full. rotate. No brushing of sponging required.

Spray with TFR rinse well. done
mashy

Unread postby aziztan » Tue May 23, 2017 10:28 pm

Unfortunately I'm not close to a sink (brew in the garage), so a bucket of hot water and a sponge to clean the entire setup is good enough for me. Also, how do you get the small bits of husk out? I've tried to spray it (at an angle) with a hose downwards.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
aziztan

Unread postby MattSR » Wed May 24, 2017 3:49 am

Batz wrote:
MattSR wrote:Ah excellent - last I checked their eBay auction didn't ship to AU.

Well that's an end to it then. :?

I emailed them direct, and they will ship to Australia if you contact them, they will arrange a shipping quote.

Cheers,
Matt
MattSR

Unread postby MattSR » Fri May 26, 2017 3:30 am

Very interested to see how this goes Paul, can you post some pics when you get them?

paulg wrote:ok so I have had a reply from
I enquired about 2 x discs 20 mesh , diameter 346mm with 17mm eyelet and 4mm wire round the outside.
here is the reply

Hi Paul,
Price will be £80 including VAT and delivery by Airmail to Greece.

as you can see it is cheaper than ebay saving the postal cost as ebay quoted 40 pound each plus post which was not quoted

you can contact them here info@inoxia.co.uk

I have ordered them
MattSR

Unread postby paulg » Sun May 28, 2017 9:00 am

@mattSR I have ordered them with 6mm wire around the outside as I feal it would be a bit stronger,the price was the same.The website says 3-4 days to make and it will take about 2 weeks to reach me.I will post when recieved, there was pictures of the ones for the 20 l BM from the same maker further up this thread
paulg

Unread postby edsena » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:32 am

Hi,

I just orderd my BM20 with the addition of a short malt pipe, and by reading the forum I've decided to buy an extra fine mesh like the one bellow, even before my BM arrives; I'm pretty sure that the answer is 'yes', but can anyone confirm that both the full and short malt pipes have the same internal diameter ?

wobdee wrote:
IMG_20170408_195540287.jpg
IMG_20170408_195540287.jpg
Received my new discs today. Nice smooth edge, nice overall quality. I should of ordered 267mm OD instead of 266mm, it's the same exact size as the original screens. I was hoping for a little tighter fit.

@wobdee, is there any room for a silicon seal around this configuration you've bought?
edsena

Unread postby mashy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:37 am

I have my silicone seal around the plate. Much easier and the final piece.
mashy

Unread postby edsena » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:49 am

mashy wrote:I have my silicone seal around the plate. Much easier and the final piece.

Thanks, @mashy, I figured that out reading the whole topics around this, but yours has a flat border, right?

I'm curious about his, 'cos he has the round welded border, what I think may add durability to the item.

I was willing to buy the u-shapped silicon border to add to a flat border filter, but I realized that I'll probably have to remove it after every mash to proper clean it, what will, eventually, damage the border, the same way people said happens to the original filter.

How's your durability experience with the flat border?

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk
edsena

PreviousNext

Return to Modifications