Rubber Seal for filter plates

Did you pimp your Braumeister? Show us your mods!

Re: Rubber Seal for filter plates

Unread postby Luis Coentrao » Sun May 03, 2015 5:36 pm

McMullan wrote:I've sourced what might be perfect. Samples have been posted, but will be redirected by a mate. There is a minimum length to purchase at the source. Much more than I need. If there are enough Europeans wanting some, I'm happy to share to cover my costs.
Luis Coentrao

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby Luis Coentrao » Sun May 03, 2015 5:38 pm

McMullan wrote:I've sourced what might be perfect. Samples have been posted, but will be redirected by a mate. There is a minimum length to purchase at the source. Much more than I need. If there are enough Europeans wanting some, I'm happy to share to cover my costs.

What did you find Out? If it is a good solution, I'm in!
Luis Coentrao

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby Avispartner » Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Luis Coentrao wrote:

What did you find Out? If it is a good solution, I'm in!

Same here, I'm in it is a good solution
Avispartner

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby McMullan » Sun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm

The company doesn't sell to the public. Their customers are typically biotech and pharma. Their material is certified as food safe up to FDA standards, which are the most stringent in my experience. The size of the material appears to be spot on from what I've been able to measure. It's not that expensive by the metre, but they don't provide it by the metre! I'll test a few variations and report back as soon as.
McMullan

Unread postby peram » Sun May 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi McMullan, fellow norwegian here. I'm interested in this as well. PM me for details about shipping and cost and we'll sort something out.

regs,

Per Arne
Last edited by peram on Mon May 04, 2015 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
peram

Unread postby bierfest » Sun May 03, 2015 7:09 pm

@mcmullan let me know the outcome too
bierfest

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby seixi » Sun May 03, 2015 8:01 pm

1. Seixi

;-)
seixi

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby Tommybear1979 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:38 am

Id like some too.
Tommybear1979

Unread postby tabs » Mon May 04, 2015 8:39 am

Luis Coentrao wrote:Hi Tabs,

The ID is 9mm and the OD is 12mm? Wall thickness of 3mm?
It was easy to place and remove the plates from the malt pipe with the tubbing in?
The tubbing wall thickness is quite important in order to fit the plates inside the malt pipe.
I had a silicon tubbing with ID 10mm and OD 14mm that didn't' fit well inside the malt pipe :cry:

My tubing has wall thickness of 1.5 mm. any OD between 9 & 12 should be ok.
Was a snug fit going onto malt pipe but softens slightly with the heat so easy to remove.
I tried a softer silicon tube, but when sliced it had no rigidity to grip the filter plates.
tabs

Unread postby PerzellBrewing » Mon May 04, 2015 5:22 pm

tabs wrote:
Luis Coentrao wrote:Hi Tabs,

The ID is 9mm and the OD is 12mm? Wall thickness of 3mm?
It was easy to place and remove the plates from the malt pipe with the tubbing in?
The tubbing wall thickness is quite important in order to fit the plates inside the malt pipe.
I had a silicon tubbing with ID 10mm and OD 14mm that didn't' fit well inside the malt pipe :cry:

My tubing has wall thickness of 1.5 mm. any OD between 9 & 12 should be ok.
Was a snug fit going onto malt pipe but softens slightly with the heat so easy to remove.
I tried a softer silicon tube, but when sliced it had no rigidity to grip the filter plates.

Thanks for the info Tabs. Two questions: Did you connect the two ends together? If so, who did you connect them?

Cheers!
BM20 Owner in US
Twitter: @PerzellBrewing
FB: Perzell Brewing
Pinterest: PBrewing
Shop: TeePublic Storefront
PerzellBrewing

Unread postby HopSong » Mon May 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Check out this page at McMaster..

http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-u-channels/=x1cabj

Go down toward the bottom and you will see an 8 pc assortment. Look at the end of the box and see the specs for Style 2

I haven't measured the combo thickness of screen and plate.. but, if the thickness of the two is 1/8th inch or less, the wall thickness of this material is only 1/16th inch.. so the combo around the screen diameter would only be 1/8" total.

1/16" is 1.58 mm 1/8" = 3.175mm total thickness for both sides of the filter combo.

If it works for size, a nice thing about this material is it has rounded edges to make sliding in/out easier.

________

Further thinking outside the box might be some large, wide rubber bands. When stretched over the combo, they would fold/wrap around both sides of the plate.. and the thickness of the band would be thinned by stretching.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby tabs » Tue May 05, 2015 8:09 am

Didn't see any need to join the ends. Worked great as it was. Only my second brew but much less debris than my first, (which I had to filter prior to bottling).
tabs

Unread postby flemming » Wed May 06, 2015 3:12 am

HbgBill wrote:Check out this page at McMaster..

http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-u-channels/=x1cabj

Go down toward the bottom and you will see an 8 pc assortment. Look at the end of the box and see the specs for Style 2

I haven't measured the combo thickness of screen and plate.. but, if the thickness of the two is 1/8th inch or less, the wall thickness of this material is only 1/16th inch.. so the combo around the screen diameter would only be 1/8" total.

1/16" is 1.58 mm 1/8" = 3.175mm total thickness for both sides of the filter combo.

If it works for size, a nice thing about this material is it has rounded edges to make sliding in/out easier.

I was looking at this one:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#4869a76/=x21la9

It's silicone so it's safe at high temperatures also the combined thickness for both sides is only 3/32 or 2.38mm

A while back I tried:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#4869a4/=x21nkv

and it did not work at all. Both too thick to put the plate in and too loose around the edges of the plate and screen.

Robert
flemming

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Goran » Wed May 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Yes Please!

Sweden
My definition of the word BEER!

Best Energydrink Ever Refined!
Goran

Unread postby arnew » Thu May 07, 2015 8:03 pm

McMullan wrote:
I've sourced what might be perfect. Samples have been posted, but will be redirected by a mate. There is a minimum length to purchase at the source. Much more than I need. If there are enough Europeans wanting some, I'm happy to share to cover my costs.

Im in-arnew
arnew

PreviousNext

Return to Modifications