Draining gunk and cleaning

Did you pimp your Braumeister? Show us your mods!
mashy
Model: 20 litres

Unread post

Not on my budget.

... I like my BM, it has many mods and many memories. We are old friends on a beer journey together.

:shock: Brrr. Better now. Don't know what happened there!
aziztan

Unread post

Hah! Now you got me looking into a Cammuri too! That agitator idea looks promising, but somehow can't help but feel like it's where the break downs would happen (I.e protein rich sticky adjuncts) . Looks solid from the videos.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
mashy

Unread post

I also think they are selling it on "doesn't have a pump " inferring less to breakdown.
However there will be a seal under that spindle which will be an equal point of failure.
I do think much over 20l you need a pump anyhow.

I wonder if there is a easy DIY hybrid...
Burco boiler / ALVA / basket / LID with a motor / LID with a pipe for whisky..... and a low tap [don't these people ever learn]

The obvious stable door that has be left open is ... SORT THE CONDENSATION ISSUE OUT SPEIDEL !!! Stop ducking the issue and blaming everyone & everything else!! or employ someone from Bulldog / Grain father / Cammuri etc etc cos they have managed it !

Incidentally so has most or the baking / wine / beer & food processing industry except it seems YOU !!

Sorry if I got a bit carried away. But I am sure I am not the only one!!
cliffo
Model: 50 litres

Unread post

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

I did this mod on the weekend and I must say it's fantastic!

Makes it so much easier to clean the unit at the end of a brew.

It took me a few goes to get everything together and leak free then after the first brew I took some of the bits apart, applied extra thread tape and now I have it pretty much perfect.
IMG_20200315_204522.jpg
mashy

Unread post

Really is a stunningly good mod. I can see why Brau now have similar on the newer models.
chastuck
Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread post

Did the same myself. Works wonderful when clearing out pellets, but not so good with flowers.
niels
Site Admin
Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread post

chastuck wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45 pm
Did the same myself. Works wonderful when clearing out pellets, but not so good with flowers.
I always use hop socks when using hop flowers in the BM. I do prefer using pellets, though.

- Niels
IPA
Model: 50 litres

Unread post

niels wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:49 am
chastuck wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:45 pm
I always use hop socks when using hop flowers in the BM. I do prefer using pellets, though.

- Niels
If you boil your hops without them being contained in a sock or a spider the heating element remains much cleaner. Dont know why but it does.
mashy

Unread post

Good observation - thats something to try.