Corrupt attachments

Do you have troubles using the forums? Do you know what could be improved? Just create a topic in this forum.

Corrupt attachments

Unread postby niels » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:13 am

Today I noticed that there a some attachments that I can't open on my desktop computer at work.

Here are a few examples:
- PDF file: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=269#p2483 I replaced the file on the server
- DOCX and XLSX files: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=269#p2509 I replaced the files on the server
- XLSM file: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=269&start=15#p2523 I replaced the file on the server
- JPG file: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=197&start=45#p2562

It seems the files are corrupted when I download them. The strange thing is that I yesterday checked for example the XLSM file on my home computer without any problems.

This morning I got a notification from my hosting provider that they had to reboot my server due to a physical problem on the node. Could this be related?

Can you confirm that the files either work or not for you?

Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Re: Corrupt attachments

Unread postby fy0d0r » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:45 pm

All failed for me :-(
fy0d0r

Unread postby niels » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:12 pm

fy0d0r wrote:All failed for me :-(

It looks like it is related to the hosting problems. I tried to recover the files, but I'm unable to do so on the server. I will use the files on my home computer to fix this.

Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby Dicko » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi niels,
I see one of my files is in there.
I re booted my computer with Ctrl +F5 asa you instructed and all is well now.when I am home on the weekend I will replace that file (pic) with a new pic.

Thank you for your help. I am very happy to be back on the forum. :cheers: :drink: :lol:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Return to Suggestions and Support