Forum Color

Do you have troubles using the forums? Do you know what could be improved? Just create a topic in this forum.

Forum Color

Unread postby HopSong » Sat May 31, 2014 2:15 am

I'm new here.. but I am really having trouble seeing this light green text. Eyestrain for sure. Is there a way to change the default color. I don't have this problem on other forums.. I guess it's because they are black :)
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Model: 20 litres

Re: Forum Color

Unread postby Nesto » Sat May 31, 2014 6:29 pm

HbgBill wrote:I'm new here.. but I am really having trouble seeing this light green text. Eyestrain for sure. Is there a way to change the default color. I don't have this problem on other forums.. I guess it's because they are black :)

If you go to your User Control Panel on the Board Preferences tab, you can change "My board style" to "prosilver", which is actually a blue color scheme. You do lose the cool Braumeisters logo on the top left of the page though.

Unread postby niels » Sat May 31, 2014 8:19 pm

Nesto wrote:If you go to your User Control Panel on the Board Preferences tab, you can change "My board style" to "prosilver", which is actually a blue color scheme. You do lose the cool Braumeisters logo on the top left of the page though.

Thanks for helping Bill out, Nesto.

I did enable the default style this morning, but I'm a bit busy around the house to spend time on the forum this weekend. It's all smartphone browsing at the moment.

Anyways, you can change to the default (blue) forum style as per Nestos instructions. I will update the theme in the coming days so it includes the Braumeister logo.

Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Dicko » Sat May 31, 2014 8:22 pm

I was having the same problem as the op and now I have just changed the skin to the blue colour.

Ahh! Much better on the eyes.

Thank you for the tip. :cheers: :beer:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby HopSong » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:40 am

Ahhhhhh, thank you for the suggestion.. My eyes are now very happy :D
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby paulg » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:15 am

+1 changed to blue as I had same problem
paulg

Unread postby niels » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:37 am

Wow, I wasn't aware that the color scheme was causing so much headaches. I will update the blue theme in the same manner as the green one.

I must please my members or this forum is doomed :)

Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby paulg » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:10 am

I dont know if it is just me but I changed my colour to prosilver and it was fine,then yesterday when I logged on the displayed pages were not displaying correctly .I was getting a white page with the subject matter listed ,no formatting ? no boxes etc
I have found if I restore the board preference to hops all returns to normal ,if I reset back again to prosilver the formatting goes again.
Has anyone else had this problem? I am using windows 8.1 and chrome if that has any bearing on the matter
thanks Paul
paulg

Unread postby niels » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:29 am

paulg wrote:I dont know if it is just me but I changed my colour to prosilver and it was fine,then yesterday when I logged on the displayed pages were not displaying correctly .I was getting a white page with the subject matter listed ,no formatting ? no boxes etc
I have found if I restore the board preference to hops all returns to normal ,if I reset back again to prosilver the formatting goes again.
Has anyone else had this problem? I am using windows 8.1 and chrome if that has any bearing on the matter
thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

Dicko has notified me about this by e-mail. I've answered the following to him:
It looks like a caching issue (might be caused by the switching of themes). I just purged the cache on the server, so can you try to load the forum again?

If you still get this can you try to reload the page by typing CTRL+F5? This forces your browser to reload the website and overrides the local cached version.

Can you change your theme again and force a reload by typing CTRL+F5, please? Let me know if the problem persists!

Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby paulg » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:20 pm

niels I have just changed my preference to prosilver and loaded a few pages all seems good at the moment
thank you
Paul
paulg

Unread postby Dicko » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:38 pm

niels wrote:
paulg wrote:I dont know if it is just me but I changed my colour to prosilver and it was fine,then yesterday when I logged on the displayed pages were not displaying correctly .I was getting a white page with the subject matter listed ,no formatting ? no boxes etc
thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

Dicko has notified me about this by e-mail. I've answered the following to him:
It looks like a caching issue (might be caused by the switching of themes). I just purged the cache on the server, so can you try to load the forum again?

If you still get this can you try to reload the page by typing CTRL+F5? This forces your browser to reload the website and overrides the local cached version.

Can you change your theme again and force a reload by typing CTRL+F5, please? Let me know if the problem persists!

Niels

Hi Niels,

you are the legend mate.... Ctrl+F5 fixed it immediately... I am very happy.
I will update the attachment in the domed lid thread when I am home on the weekend.

:cheers: :cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby Tipsy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:20 am

Thanks for this thread. I wasn't sold on the green. :beerbang:
Tipsy

Unread postby royco » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Wow, didn't know there was a choice. Blue is so much easier to read!
royco

Unread postby niels » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:58 pm

I didn't realise so much people have problems with the green theme. Now I really need to create a blue "Water" theme.

I don't have any problems with it, but it might depend on the screen and your vision of course.

The "official" Braumeisters color is green, though, as it is my favourite color. ;)

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby Victor Coelho » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:05 pm

A darker green would be nice, but this highlight glowing green hurts my eyes.....maybe 'cause I have light green eyes?
I wonder why!
Victor Coelho

Next

Return to Suggestions and Support