Page Order

Do you have troubles using the forums? Do you know what could be improved? Just create a topic in this forum.

Page Order

Unread postby royco » Fri May 29, 2015 6:28 am

Would there be any merit in reversing the page order so latest page comes up first? On very active discussions there are multiple pages and you need to then click on the last page to get latest replies.
OK, I know it's just one extra click............

I also have this sneaky feeling you're going to come back at me with RTFM! --Check you're settings! :lol:
royco

Model: 50 litres

Re: Page Order

Unread postby BrauTim » Fri May 29, 2015 7:52 am

I find the easiest way to get to the latest posts is to use the 'View new posts' link and have that as a bookmark. This page presents a list of all threads with new posts from across the forum since your last visit to the forum (assuming you are logged in each visit) the system will automatically keep track of which threads you have read and will only present those threads with new posts since your last visit (a slight modification on some forums is that this is time based also, the BM forum will still present read threads if you refresh the new posts page within a certain time limit, which I think is between 30-60 mins on this forum, not all forums do this).

On the thread list page their is a small orange icon next to each thread, click on that and you will be taken to the first unread post in that thread. Using this technique you never miss a post in a thread you are interested in. A further adaptation is to right click on the orange icon and open in a new tab thereby opening each thread in a new tab keeping the new post page in it's own intact tab always there for reference until you have finished your forum session.

This method also works for lots of other forums. Sounds complicated but becomes routine very quickly 8)
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Unread postby McMullan » Fri May 29, 2015 3:06 pm

BrauTim wrote:I find the easiest way to get to the latest posts is to use the 'View new posts' link and have that as a bookmark. This page presents a list of all threads with new posts from across the forum since your last visit to the forum (assuming you are logged in each visit) the system will automatically keep track of which threads you have read and will only present those threads with new posts since your last visit (a slight modification on some forums is that this is time based also, the BM forum will still present read threads if you refresh the new posts page within a certain time limit, which I think is between 30-60 mins on this forum, not all forums do this).

On the thread list page their is a small orange icon next to each thread, click on that and you will be taken to the first unread post in that thread. Using this technique you never miss a post in a thread you are interested in. A further adaptation is to right click on the orange icon and open in a new tab thereby opening each thread in a new tab keeping the new post page in it's own intact tab always there for reference until you have finished your forum session.

This method also works for lots of other forums. Sounds complicated but becomes routine very quickly 8)

IT guys are great. Do we have to reboot first? :D
McMullan

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Nesto » Fri May 29, 2015 9:10 pm

BrauTim wrote:I find the easiest way to get to the latest posts is to use the 'View new posts' link and have that as a bookmark. This page presents a list of all threads with new posts from across the forum since your last visit to the forum (assuming you are logged in each visit) the system will automatically keep track of which threads you have read and will only present those threads with new posts since your last visit (a slight modification on some forums is that this is time based also, the BM forum will still present read threads if you refresh the new posts page within a certain time limit, which I think is between 30-60 mins on this forum, not all forums do this).

This is exactly how I do it :geek:

Unread postby kloekus » Fri May 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Thanks for pointing me to the orange icon. That was my missing part!
kloek, kloek, kloek en gezondheid
kloekus

Unread postby royco » Sat May 30, 2015 8:38 am

Amazing. BrauTim, you are not just a master brewer..................... :cheers:
royco

Return to Suggestions and Support