CO2 Connection to Brite Tank

Because the 200 L and 500 L units are a different league, we'll grant them their own sub-forum.

CO2 Connection to Brite Tank

Unread postby cervezapdu » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:16 pm

Hello All,

I was wondering if someone can recommend a good way to connect a CO2 tank to the carbonation stone provided with Speidel's Brite Tanks.
The thread is 3/4" BSPP, which is not standard in Mexico (where our brewery's at), I've been having trouble finding adapters and such.
I was thinking on using Triclamp adapters but I think it may be overdoing it.

Thanks in advance for your comments,
Cheers!
cervezapdu

Model: 500 litres

Re: CO2 Connection to Brite Tank

Unread postby grooves » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 am

The easiest way is probably -

3/4" BSP to 1/2" BSP stainless reducing hex nipple

1/2" BSP to 3/8" tubing John Guest fitting - either directly to your tank - or to a 3/8" tube to 1/4" MFL John Guest fitting so you can fit an existing line.

You should be able to find this stuff on the UK ebay site or ali express perhaps

Use tape on all the threads to stop leaks
grooves

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Re: CO2 Connection to Brite Tank

Unread postby manyhandsbrew » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Worth saying (if not too late) that it's worth working some sort of non-return valve and regular valve onto your sinter stone connection if possible. Originally, we ran CO2 line straight into a pushfit connection, but as pressure builds the beer backs up the line - not great. Non-return prevents this (with a very small section of air line between the stone and non-return). If you include a ball valve as well you'll be able to stop beer dripping from the stone if you want take the airline out of the sinter and put a top pressure on the tank (as we do moving beer to the filler). Hope this helps!
manyhandsbrew

Model: 200 litres

Return to The Big Guys - BM200/BM500