Interested in purchasing one

Because the 200 L and 500 L units are a different league, we'll grant them their own sub-forum.

Interested in purchasing one

Unread postby summersault » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:28 am

Hi,
I am interested in purchasing a braumeister 200 or 500 liters, but i have some concerns in mind.
I would like to know what is the full capacity of the outer vessel in the braumeister 200 liters, so i could try a diluted mashing to increase the output capacity.
Is it possible to reach 900 liters in 3 batches for instance, or should i move to the 500 liters model to fill a 1000/1200 liters fermenter in a day?
Is it possible to enter inside the 200 liters (or 500) machine to clean? How high is the wall of the vessel? Will the plate thickness and quality allow that?
Will high gravity beers be a problem like in the 20 liters?
Thanks, i am new here in the forum.
summersault

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Re: Interested in purchasing one

Unread postby wobdee » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Those are good questions I'd like to know as well. I was wondering instead of sparging if you could just add that extra water after mashing in, flood the malt pipe, do a no sparge and how much beer that would yield With say a 12P beer?
wobdee

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby mashy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:43 pm

summersault wrote:Hi,
I am interested in purchasing a braumeister 200 or 500 liters, but i have some concerns in mind.
I would like to know what is the full capacity of the outer vessel in the braumeister 200 liters, so i could try a diluted mashing to increase the output capacity.
Is it possible to reach 900 liters in 3 batches for instance, or should i move to the 500 liters model to fill a 1000/1200 liters fermenter in a day?
Is it possible to enter inside the 200 liters (or 500) machine to clean? How high is the wall of the vessel? Will the plate thickness and quality allow that?

There is a 200 /500 thread - have you seen it - might be worth PM'ing members.
mashy

Unread postby summersault » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:57 am

I heard people do almost 80 liters batch in the 50 liters model. That would probably allow the BM200 to do 3 batches of 333 liters to fill a 1000L fermenter.
summersault

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby mashy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:09 pm

What do speidel say?
mashy

Unread postby Bambakis » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:07 am

summersault wrote:Hi,

You have nice video here, 900 liters in BM500.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXCcxPRoJ0

For BM500: You dont need to enter inside for cleaning, there is small platform around where you can stand, which allow you to reach heaters for cleaning. Walls are thick enough but no need to enter. There is tilt device to help drain water during cleaning.
Bambakis

Model: 500 litres

Unread postby mashy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:30 pm

BM200 to do 3 batches of 333

Yeah, but how long would it be before that got right up your nose!

The runtime is probably six hours - you've then got to cleaning down (properly) and start again.
Which makes three runs two days - or no sleep.
....and how are you going to manage the first and second batch, while awaiting the third? I guess you could get it started, and then at the third batch later.

Two batches. I get (and then only if there isn't a cleanup in between) - three batches no. I think you would be looking for a bigger onevery soon.

I have always been a believer in buy the biggest one you can afford, so you have scope. When I installed my winery, which is set up so that the Crusher, fermentation tanks, Press & Storage Vessels are all relevant sizes to each other. The only double up is the press - iit needs to runs to empty one fermenter (no cleanup) , so it is bearable. Sometimes it takes a bit of thinking about the whole process, and making it easier and quicker by design. It's very easy to be a busy fool. Been there too :D
mashy

Return to The Big Guys - BM200/BM500