200L equipment profile for Beersmith

Because the 200 L and 500 L units are a different league, we'll grant them their own sub-forum.
Miguel Teixeira

200L equipment profile for Beersmith

Unread post by Miguel Teixeira »

Anyone know the profile settings for beersmith? I'm using a Braumeister 200l. On the internet I've only found profile settings for the Braumeister 20l and 50l.
Can anyone help me? Can I use the profile from the Braumeister 50l and convert for 200l in BM?

Thanks, Miguel

Dicko
Model: 20 litres

Re: 200L equipament profile for Beersmith

Unread post by Dicko »

Miguel Teixeira wrote:Anyone know the profile settings for beersmith? I'm using a Braumeister 200l. On the internet I've only found profile settings for the Braumeister 20l and 50l.
Can anyone help me? Can I use the profile from the Braumeister 50l and convert for 200l in BM?

Thanks, Miguel
Welcome Miguel

There is not many on here with the 200 litre model as fare as I know but you may contact your selling dealer and they may have other clients that they have sold the 200 to, and they may be able too help you.
Failing that you could do a run with just plain water to establish a "boil off" rate and you could allow the grain absorption figure the same as the BIAB setting in Beersmith as a close figure to start with.
The kettle losses at the end of the boil could be measured from the lowest point of the drain tap to the bottom of the kettle.
If you keep accurate records you will soon fine tune your equipment with accurate and repeatable figures.

On a side note, that is a big unit. Are you setting up a micro brewery??
That is a lot of beer to be drinking if it is for hobby use :drink: :drink: :D
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it

Stefan

Re: 200L equipment profile for Beersmith

Unread post by Stefan »

Hi there guys,

I have also just started brewing on a 200L BM system. Any luck on a good Beersmith equipment profile to start with?

Cheers,
Stefan

niels
Site Admin
Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread post by niels »

Stefan wrote:Hi there guys,

I have also just started brewing on a 200L BM system. Any luck on a good Beersmith equipment profile to start with?

Cheers,
Stefan
Hi Stefan,

There is no active member with a 200L system on the forum, but I hope you will stay around a bit.

Please feel free to show off your brewing set-up and report back if you've found a Beersmith profile.

- Niels

Stianherre

Unread post by Stianherre »

Hi,

Any luck having the beersmith equipment profile for 200 ltr? I would really epriciate having it if you suceeded getting it...

Cheers!

Stefan

Unread post by Stefan »

Hey,

I used a basic BIAB setup and simply scaled it up. After first brew I was able to put the correct efficiency in (65%) and that's about it. I only use it for recipe design and this gives me numbers close enough to what I need. Not ideal but does the job.

Stefan

lunarjetset

Unread post by lunarjetset »

Following up on this thread - anyone got a profile to share yet? :)

JOSUEE
Model: 200 litres

Unread post by JOSUEE »

Hi from Mexico, does anyone have good news? I couldn't find the profile. Thanks

Miguel Teixeira

Unread post by Miguel Teixeira »

Stefan wrote:Hi there guys,

Cheers,
Stefan
Do you already get de beersmith equipmenmt profile for the 200L?