A Change in Management

Braumeisters.net announcements

A Change in Management

Unread postby niels » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:49 pm

As the title suggest: this are going to change a bit around the forum. I've sold the rights to the forum to a group of investors and I will now retire on a private island with a BM200 and enough ingredients to party all my life.

Sorry, I got carried away. Let's do this a bit more serious, shall we?

A few weeks ago a new idea turned into reality a little faster than expected. These weeks I've not been around the forum very actively (I check it once or twice a day, but not so much posting) since I've been working hard on starting a new business: a homebrew shop. I will not go into detail too much because this forum is not the platform to promote my business endeavours, but you can imagine what it is about.

There a two things about this business that impact the forum:
1/ I will be dividing my time and attention between my "old" business, my "new" business, my family, my friends, the forum and maybe some brewing. Naturally I will not be spending a ton of time on the forum anymore. However I will continue visiting once or twice a day.
2/ Since I will be reselling Speidel products I'm no longer able to say that I don't have a financial gain in promoting their products.

So... I've decided to invite a few of the early and most active members to be moderators on the forum. This way the forum will no longer be a dictatorship, but will be ruled by a non-elected government ;) With the help of Dicko, dinnerstick and Nesto it will be possible to keep this forum running smoothly. (However I must say that we are a pretty well-behaved bunch and there is not a lot of moderation going on.) I would like to thank our new moderators in advance for the work and dedication they have and will be putting in this forum! In the future other members might become moderators too, of course. But I think that a group of three is a nice start for our small community.

Besides that I will refrain myself from posting any commercial promotion as I really want this forum to stay clear of advertisements and commercial postings. Although I might have a financial benefit in Speidel sales, I am and always will be a critic. I'm not the person to become a brand fanboy, so my opinions about the Braumeister (and other Speidel product) will stay honest.

If there is a lack of support for this "move" and my integrity is questioned I'm willing to turn over the forum to someone else. However... I hope it doesn't come to this as I would not like to let go of this personal project.

And at last I would like to thank everyone who joined our community in the last year! It's because you all participate that this forum has any value! I wish you all a healthy, successful and tasty 2015!

:cheers: :cheers:
- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Re: A Change in Management

Unread postby Lylo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Niels, thanks for getting this forum going. It is a great asset to us BM'ers and we will try to take good care of it for you. Good luck with the new venture and I hope to visit you on your new island someday.
I wasn't planning on going for a run today but those cops came from nowhere!
Lylo

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby dinnerstick » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Congratulations on the new business Niels!
I'm happy to help out wherever I can. For example, I am happy to buy a ss brew bucket from your shop...
dinnerstick

Unread postby chris172 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:55 pm

Niels... Doors open and some door close. Some doors open doors and others close doors and it sounds like the Forum Venture has opened a great door for you.... don't forget to leave the Forum door ajar :)

Best of luck... :beerbang:

PS if you have any BM's on offer give me a shout:) :beer:
chris172

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby ibbones » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:25 pm

Best of luck to you. Also, a big thanks for what you have done with this group. I have learned a LOT while reading here.
And, congrats to the three new mods. :beer:
"BONES"
20 Liter BM
ibbones

Unread postby Nesto » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:15 pm

If your entrepreneurship in setting up this forum is any indication how you're approaching your new business I am sure you will do well! Best of luck and congratulations!

I am looking forward to our new oligarchic dictatorship! :lol:

Unread postby Dicko » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:31 pm

That is great news Niels, I think it is most peoples dreams to turn a loved hobby into a business.

Thank you for the opportunity in selecting me to assist in moderating your forum. I hope I can fulfil your expectations.

Hi to dinnerstick and Nesto as well and I am looking forward to working with you both. :beer:

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby niels » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:04 pm

chris172 wrote:...
don't forget to leave the Forum door ajar :)

I'll stay active on the forum, but the coming months I will be a little quieter. I'm not planning of getting rid of my BM any time soon :)
Dicko wrote:...
I think it is most peoples dreams to turn a loved hobby into a business.

Well, it was a bit by accident and an opportunity came along to get started with a minimal investment. Sometimes you just have to go for it!

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby Dicko » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Niels,

Is your new shop an online shop or is it a bricks and mortar shop that people will walk in and chat about beer and other things. :D

The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby bierfest » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:21 pm

niels wrote:2/ Since I will be reselling Speidel products I'm no longer able to say that I don't have a financial gain in promoting their products.

Im pretty sure that the members on here wont object - afterall its why we are here :-)

Good luck with your venture.
bierfest

Unread postby niels » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Dicko wrote:Niels,

Is your new shop an online shop or is it a bricks and mortar shop that people will walk in and chat about beer and other things. :D

We start online, but the idea is to start a local shop since that's what's lacking around here.
The webshop will learn us the demand and help us build capital before committing to a lease on a property.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby malzrohr » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:10 pm

I already had a peek at your online shop. Looks great!
Het beste ermee Niels. Ik kom zeker een keertje langs in Veltem als de je boel op de rit hebt. Dan kan meteen een ss brew bucket en een kist goede selectie Belgische locale brouwsels in de auto mee naar NL!
Es ist zwar ein sehr gutes Bier, die Goslarische Gose; doch wenn man meint, sie sey im Bauch, so liegt sie in der Hose.
malzrohr

Unread postby niels » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:43 pm

malzrohr wrote:I already had a peek at your online shop. Looks great!
Het beste ermee Niels. Ik kom zeker een keertje langs in Veltem als de je boel op de rit hebt. Dan kan meteen een ss brew bucket en een kist goede selectie Belgische locale brouwsels in de auto mee naar NL!

Altijd welkom! :)

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby zoigl » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:35 pm

Great news Niels, I wish your new venture every success. It's good to hear a local, Dicko is on the team too, I enjoy reading his posts and can't fault his advice.
:beerbang:
Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!
zoigl

Unread postby niels » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:46 pm

zoigl wrote:Great news Niels, I wish your new venture every success. It's good to hear a local, Dicko is on the team too, I enjoy reading his posts and can't fault his advice.
:beerbang:

Yeah, Dicko lives Down South, dinnerstick on the Old Continent and Nesto in the New World. Nicely spread out over the world. :)

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Next

Return to Announcements