An exciting announcement from Speidel

Braumeisters.net announcements

Re: An exciting announcement from Speidel

Unread postby BrauTim » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:30 pm

niels wrote: making love to my girlfriend, ...
[*]Clean up can hopefully be done in the kitchen sink.

Now that's forward thinking :lol:
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby niels » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Toivo wrote:Unboxing BM 50 - 2015 mod

Santa came early to Norway today :) :beer: :beer:

You're officially the first member with a new model! Please feel free to start a new thread to show off your new kit!

Congratulations!

:cheers:
- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby Toivo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Sorry guys..

Nothing exciting to report yet, except being really happy to get hold of the new model early, as I was waiting for this to get started and held back coz of the new modell. Due to family logistics and christmas holidays it will also take a few day before I can break the new wonder in. I also assume that you will get better updates when one of the "veterans" get hold of it. Being a real freshman i,m uncertain how much i can add to this forum for now. Will give an update of the freshman's experience as we move along though :)

What I can say though is that the current manual i got delivered does not give any actual info on networking functionality. Guess Speidel will await that till they have the web interface up n running.

Happy for any tip on best "accessories" to buy though .. will have to fill up with the rest of everything within the next few day to make the first brew before new year. Gues there are a lot of experience out there what is working or not ...
Toivo

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby Batz » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:44 am

I'll be interested in your comments Niels, comparing the old controller to the new.

Hey congratulations Toivo, many happy brews mate. :beer:

Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Unread postby kahobro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:34 am

niels wrote:
SteveOR wrote:Very cool news! The 10L model is interesting. I was thinking of getting an upgrade from my 20 to the 50. This new version will be worth waiting for.

I'm actually considering downgrading from a 50L to a 10L :) It seems that I don't have that much time to brew after all and the 10L might be ideal to pump out a crate every two weeks. I hope it is small enough it can sit in the kitchen on Saturday while I be a good husband and father.

I can relate to that. I have the 20l BM and bought the short maltpipe in the summer.

The coming year 80% of the brews will be with the short maltpipe. 100 l/year seems to be the max for me that can be consumed at home without having to give away too much. Like you I want to experiment and brew different kinds of beer.

Hans
kahobro

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby chris172 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:55 am

Toivo wrote:
What I can say though is that the current manual i got delivered does not give any actual info on networking functionality. Guess Speidel will await that till they have the web interface up n running....

What connectors/interface is there on it?? ethernet?? or is it WiFi? should give an idea how it works and what is expected
chris172

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby BrauTim » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:37 am

kahobro wrote:
niels wrote:
SteveOR wrote:Very cool news! The 10L model is interesting. I was thinking of getting an upgrade from my 20 to the 50. This new version will be worth waiting for.

I'm actually considering downgrading from a 50L to a 10L :) It seems that I don't have that much time to brew after all and the 10L might be ideal to pump out a crate every two weeks. I hope it is small enough it can sit in the kitchen on Saturday while I be a good husband and father.

I can relate to that. I have the 20l BM and bought the short maltpipe in the summer.

The coming year 80% of the brews will be with the short maltpipe. 100 l/year seems to be the max for me that can be consumed at home without having to give away too much. Like you I want to experiment and brew different kinds of beer.

Hans

OK, the 10L makes sense based on consumption, we get through approx 400L a year in our household, using the 50L to make 40L batches on around 10 brewdays a year is all I need to give me the variety and the quantity I need. I've also started to split the wort into 2 fermentors using different yeasts which gives me two different beers per brewday. Also I can brew batches that will hopefully go into an ageing process which I could never do with a smaller Braumeister as it would be consumed too quickly.

Something to think about for new buyers now that there are 3 sizes to choose from.
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Unread postby royco » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:33 pm

kahobro wrote:I can relate to that. I have the 20l BM and bought the short maltpipe in the summer.

Hans

Hans, you need to up your game. My son has been a great help assisting me to get through 50L per month, without giving any to friends :)
Come on, I know you can do it.
royco

Unread postby kahobro » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:40 am

royco wrote:Hans, you need to up your game. My son has been a great help assisting me to get through 50L per month, without giving any to friends :)
Come on, I know you can do it.

:lol:
I know I can do it but I also know how it will make me look :roll:

I would like to have a sixpack but with your consumption my belly would like a barrel in no-time! :cry:

I also like to taste some good beers that I didn't brew myself and some wine every now and then and ... and ... .
I need to set some limits for myself or things will go wrong!

Hans
kahobro

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby niels » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:38 pm

I got word from girlfriend that a package from Speidel arrived. Too bad I will not be home for another 24 hours :(

- Nieks
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby royco » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:27 am

kahobro wrote:
royco wrote:
I know I can do it but I also know how it will make me look :roll:

I would like to have a sixpack but with your consumption my belly would like a barrel in no-time! :cry:

I also like to taste some good beers that I didn't brew myself and some wine every now and then and ... and ... .
I need to set some limits for myself or things will go wrong!

Hans

It's not easy Hans; we also love wine (South Africa produces really good low cost wines). We've cut down on food :lol:
royco

Unread postby bruulog » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Toivo you need to learn how to bail form all those annoying "family" events. Especially x-mas (I hate this phoney "holiday")
You just leave and tell everyone you have to go and brew more beer. Works every time. :beer:

Toivo (interesting name) ... where you from? Finland?
I make my own copper/ss chillers (immersion) - 20l & 50l and counterflow (cfc)
bruulog.ee, Twitter: @BruuLog , FB BruuLog
bruulog

Unread postby beerlover1983 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:04 am

This 10ltr model has really got me intrested .Am i right in thinking that means it would produce 10ltr finished beer into the fermenter?
beerlover1983

Unread postby niels » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:15 am

beerlover1983 wrote:This 10ltr model has really got me intrested .Am i right in thinking that means it would produce 10ltr finished beer into the fermenter?

Yes, depending on the gravity it can be a bit more or a bit less.

I had 10 L of 1.054 wort in my fermenter and I left about 1 L in the BM. I used 2.5 kg of malt, but I'm sure I could have increased the efficiency a bit.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby Batz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:35 am

Niels how is the new controller? Do you think it is better than the old model, would you change you control box to the new model on your 50Lt if you were to decide to keep it?

Just wondering about an upgrade later in the year.

Cheers
Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements