Upload media files

Braumeisters.net announcements

Upload media files

Unread postby niels » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that the forum now allows uploading media files (like MP3, MOV, MP4, ...). I noticed that a few members posted short video clips and since I prefer to have all content on the server (so that the forum doesn't depend on external media hosting services) I made this change to the software.

Audio files will be presented als downloadable files, while you might be able to play the video files directly in the post. The behaviour is depended on your web browser and installed plugins. If you experience problems with uploading or downloading/viewing files I'm glad to assist you figuring out what goes wrong.

There is a hard limit of 10MB per file. If this seems to be too restrictive I might raise the limit.

I probably don't have to say it, but I will anyway: do not upload copyrighted material without explicit permission of the copyright holder. Also, feel free to state the source if the file is not your own creation.

Here are two examples: 1 audio file (MP3) and a video clip (MP4).

Enjoy!
- Niels

A2. Raw Stiles - Rouge.mp3
(7.63 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Source: http://rawstiles.bandcamp.com/album/fantastique

Source: chris172 - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=311&p=4041#p4041
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Re: Upload media files

Unread postby Dicko » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi neils,

Unfortunately does not work on IPad, or at least on my IPad. :D

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Return to Announcements