Niels

Braumeisters.net announcements

Niels

Unread postby IPA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:59 am

I have just sent an enquiry to Niels at the Homebrewshop.be and received an automated reply saying that he is no longer associated with the company. Does anyone know why ?
IPA
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 am
Location: France
Model: 50 litres

Re: Niels

Unread postby f00b4r » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:38 am

IPA wrote:I have just sent an enquiry to Niels at the Homebrewshop.be and received an automated reply saying that he is no longer associated with the company. Does anyone know why ?


It was sold to Brouwmarkt, no idea on any of the details though. It's a shame as their customer service has definitely declined since the takeover.
f00b4r
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Re: Niels

Unread postby IPA » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:30 am

f00b4r wrote:
IPA wrote:I have just sent an enquiry to Niels at the Homebrewshop.be and received an automated reply saying that he is no longer associated with the company. Does anyone know why ?


It was sold to Brouwmarkt, no idea on any of the details though. It's a shame as their customer service has definitely declined since the takeover.


I sent them an email a week ago and still have not had a reply. So different to when Niels was in charge !
IPA
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 am
Location: France
Model: 50 litres

Niels

Unread postby f00b4r » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:12 pm

IPA wrote:
f00b4r wrote:
IPA wrote:I have just sent an enquiry to Niels at the Homebrewshop.be and received an automated reply saying that he is no longer associated with the company. Does anyone know why ?


It was sold to Brouwmarkt, no idea on any of the details though. It's a shame as their customer service has definitely declined since the takeover.


I sent them an email a week ago and still have not had a reply. So different to when Niels was in charge !


I had to chase them after about three weeks of no reply to the enquiry and no reply to the follow-up. They totally changed the website too and stuff seemed to disappear and some stuff never get translated on their English language pages. I hope Neils got a good price as he had a nice customer focused business but it shows you how a business can be very much down to individuals that work there.
f00b4r
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:49 pm


Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest