Implemented CloudFlare

Braumeisters.net announcements

Implemented CloudFlare

Unread postby niels » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:30 am

Hi all,

Just a quick message to inform you that I've implemented CloudFlare on the forum. To keep it rather simple: CloudFlare is a service provider that enables caching and some security features for website. It should improve the speed of the forum and even shows a cached version when the server goes offline for maintenance (of course, posting etc will not be available during that time). Currently I've implemented the free plan since it seemed to cover all the bases. If the need arises I can always upgrade to a paid plan.

If you experience problems with the forum, please contact me via e-mail: niels@braumeisters.net

Cheers,
Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Re: Implemented CloudFlare

Unread postby mbarn » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Seems great so far.
mbarn

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby MattSR » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:44 am

Hi Niels,

I'm located in Australia, and the extra performance (mainly when mobile) is awesome :beer:

The forum, through Tapatalk used to take seconds (sometimes up to 10) for a single page to load. Now it's instantaneous.

Cheers,
Matt
MattSR

Unread postby niels » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:52 am

I'm glad to hear this! I've always been annoyed by the Tapatalk performance :D

I noticed a short period of downtime yesterday, but it seems to be a coincidence. There was a problem with the connection between CloudFlare and my hosting provider in general. This lasted a few minutes, but is now resolved. Hopefully this will not happen again.

:beer:
- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby mashy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:31 am

Good news. The performance seems a bit better, but the submit button still takes an age and I think thats why you get double postings.
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby BreadMurderer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:24 am

mashy wrote:Good news. The performance seems a bit better, but the submit button still takes an age and I think thats why you get double postings.

I've seen the slowness with the submit button sometimes but the reason it double posts is no doubt because people click on it multiple times. Why? I do not know. Patience is a virtue I guess. 8)
Drinking: Whatever craft beer I can find!
Conditioning: Nowt
Fermenting: Nowt
Planning: To buy a pimpin' setup on my return
BreadMurderer

Return to Announcements