Amsterdam - Carnivale Brettanomyces 2016 - BM action!

Braumeisters.net announcements

Amsterdam - Carnivale Brettanomyces 2016 - BM action!

Unread postby dinnerstick » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:39 am

For our members in or near the Netherlands, this year's Carnivale Brettanomyces en andere wilde dieren (aka Brett Fest 2016), an annual and increasingly popular mini-festival situated at various locations around the city (bierkoning, arendsnest, oedipus, beer temple, etc), is nearly upon us. The festival is really attracting some big names this year; in addition to the usual ron pattinson and the guys from struise there will be talks from chad yakobson (crooked stave) and jean van roy (cantillon) among many others. Including myself actually- I'm hosting a talk / discussion / tasting to shed light on the effects of different brett strains used in primary fermentation on the same very hoppy IPA wort which is the base recipe for a 100%sacc-trois-IPA i've brewed many times. The talk is on saturday 25 june @ 14:30 in proeflokaal arendsnest, and is in English. You have to buy tickets for the talks, so if interested please sign up! (I don't make any money off this, in fact my whole talk including beers is out of my own pocket!) You will get 6 different samples; three single brett strains, one blend, sacc-trois, and one normal sacc (US-05), all fermenting the same braumeister-brewed wort. After an introduction to what the strains are 'supposed to' do to the beer, we will taste them blindly, discuss, and see if we can decide what's nice and not.

In addition my brewery (Brouwerij de Kromme Haring) will have 3 beers on tap at arendsnest over the course of the festival or as long as they last- 'Ruige Haring', a collabobrew with 'Ruig' which was a 100%-sacc-trois double IPA but is now 1 year later a super fruity and slightly dangerous (9%) barleywine sort of thing, 'rhubarb gurnard', a mixed fermentation simple (5.2%) farmhouse ale with rhubarb and mosaic, and 'st pilchardus', also a mixed fermentation farmhouse/saison with orange peel and el dorado dry hop, 6.2%)

Let me know if you're coming!
Here is the lineup of talks and events for the festival.
http://www.wildegist.nl/program/
dinnerstick

Model: 20 litres

Re: Amsterdam - Carnivale Brettanomyces 2016 - BM action!

Unread postby OllieBBommel » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:11 am

Interesting programme, hard to make a choice.
:geek: :drink:
OllieBBommel

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Re: Amsterdam - Carnivale Brettanomyces 2016 - BM action!

Unread postby niels » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Damned, on 25 June I will be attending a tryout of a new brewing workshop I help to organize. :(

Maybe next year...

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Return to Announcements