Chimay Blue

Any discussion about non-specific Braumeister brewing techniques can be discussed here. E.g. "How to make a starter?", "What's the best way to store my grains?", "Which pH meter do you recommend?", ...

Re: Chimay Blue

Unread postby johnrm » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:24 pm

Suigeneris brewing does a great piece on candy sugar (amongst other things). He uses DME instead of DAP and claims superior results...
http://suigenerisbrewing.blogspot.ie/20 ... r.html?m=1
johnrm

Unread postby janox » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:58 am

Well to be fair his DAP trial was a failiure so.. :wink:

I have had great results with the DAP-method and i prefer my own candisyrup over the storebought.

Will try the DME method in the future though for comparison.
janox

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby johnrm » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:15 am

I was being diplomatic when I said superior results. I could have left out the word superior...
johnrm

Unread postby Batz » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:50 am

Whitelabs WLP500 Monastery Ale Yeast chewed through that lot quickly. Crash chilling now and will bottle in a few days time, I don't usually bottle but I think it suits this style.

Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Dicko » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:51 am

Batz wrote:Whitelabs WLP500 Monastery Ale Yeast chewed through that lot quickly. Crash chilling now and will bottle in a few days time, I don't usually bottle but I think it suits this style.

Batz

So all we are waiting for now is the mandatory picture of the brew in a suitable glass just posed on the railing of your balcony overlooking that magnificent view. :lol:

Gee I just made myself really thirsty. :lol:

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Batz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:02 am

This turned out very nice indeed Dicko.

the mandatory picture of the brew in a suitable glass just posed on the railing of your balcony overlooking that magnificent view. :lol:

Unfortunately I didn't take this an I'm away working for 5-6 weeks ATM...on night-shift too :( I did bring some with me however, so perhaps a picture on my day off, the view is not good at all. :lol:

Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Model: 50 litres

Previous

Return to General Brewing Discussions