50L Brau ordered - Brewery build can begin!

Any discussion about non-specific Braumeister brewing techniques can be discussed here. E.g. "How to make a starter?", "What's the best way to store my grains?", "Which pH meter do you recommend?", ...

50L Brau ordered - Brewery build can begin!

Unread postby MattSR » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:40 am

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share in my good news - one of our sellers here in Australia (Grain and Grape) had a discount on Braumeisters, so I splashed out and bought a shiny new 50L model. Can't wait for it to arrive. I ordered a few upgrades - such as the ball valve instead of the standard Speidel cock (heh) and the thermojacket and copper hood. I also have a counterflow chiller ready to go with it, and also have my Birko urn from when I tried BIAB - which will come in handy if I decide to sparge with the Brau.

The other bits I need to complete is the build of my grain mill, which is a motorised MillMaster Mk2. I need to fabricate a decent stand and a hooper for it and cable it all up, then it will be all good to go. Next up, is adding a temp controller such as an STC-1000 to a bar fridge I have stored away, and that will be my fermenting fridge - luckily it can just fit a 60 litre fermy so it will be a great companion for the 50L Brau.

The kegerator is all done and is ready to go - at least something is complete!!

Finally, I can see this starting to take shape!
MattSR

Model: 50 litres

Re: 50L Brau ordered - Brewery build can begin!

Unread postby dinnerstick » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:17 am

congrats mate
dinnerstick

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby niels » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:08 am

Way to go! Looks like you have thought out your setup.

Any reason why you went for the copper hood instead of the stainless steel one?

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby BrauTim » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Nice one Matt, don't forget to tell us about your first brew :)
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Unread postby Batz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:41 pm

We want pictures, we love pictures!

Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Unread postby spikey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:03 am

Hi Matt,

Just bought one myself last week through G&G too. I'm a sucker for a sale and have been procrastinating for long enough. Accessories bought were the short pipe, 30 plate chiller and pump. Will be using kegs as fermenters in a fridge with thermostat controller.

Just need to upgrade my power to 15 amp. Looking at a sparkie to make a 10->15amp cord for me. Heard there were a couple different ways to cater for a 15amp appliance, like filing the earth or new sockets and wiring. Which way are you going?

Best of luck with it. This community is my first one I've joined for 15 years perhaps. I'm not even on facebook!
spikey

Unread postby niels » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:37 am

spikey wrote:Best of luck with it. This community is my first one I've joined for 15 years perhaps. I'm not even on facebook!

Welcome spikey!

It looks like these BMs are selling like sweet breads (literal translation from Dutch) in Australia!

:cheers:
- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby Wobbly » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Heard there were a couple different ways to cater for a 15amp appliance, like filing the earth

Spikey mate don't do it besides being illegal you run the risk of creating a serious fire situation because of overheating of the 10amp circuit

Cheers

Wobbly
Wobbly

Unread postby spikey » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:39 am

Cheers Wobbles,

Won't be filing earth anyway, sounded like a dodgy option even though by the sound of it many people do.

My sparkie is making up a cord instead. Probably not the ideal aussie standard option but I understand if you don't have anything too power hungry on the same circuit you'll be fine, otherwise the safety switch flicks for loads over 20 amps. So no blow dryers, etc. That's the extent of my limited knowledge. If this cord causes any minor drama, I'll get new circuitry done properly. I'll search the forum as well for tips or possibly start another thread.
spikey

Unread postby MattSR » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:33 am

Well, the courier was meant to call today before leaving so I could be sure that someone was home to receive the Brau - but they didn't so they took it back to the depot....!!

Hopefully tomorrow things work out better....
MattSR

Unread postby McMullan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:38 am

MattSR wrote:Well, the courier was meant to call today before leaving so I could be sure that someone was home to receive the Brau - but they didn't so they took it back to the depot....!!

Hopefully tomorrow things work out better....

:(
McMullan

Return to General Brewing Discussions