seen this?

Any discussion about non-specific Braumeister brewing techniques can be discussed here. E.g. "How to make a starter?", "What's the best way to store my grains?", "Which pH meter do you recommend?", ...

seen this?

Unread postby Onthebrew » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 am

Onthebrew

Model: 20 litres

Re: seen this?

Unread postby brewdog » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:18 am

Looks ok but they are hopping during the mashing process. Would this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brewdog

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread postby Onthebrew » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:42 pm

something to do with steaming the hops it looks like?
Onthebrew

Unread postby mashy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Is is going to be satnav for the beermakers. After a while no one will be able to 'navigate' brewing a batch of beer themselves. I enjoy the brewing, the learning, the fidding, the improving and dicussions here.

I think the forum could get a little samey :D

I brewed a beer.
Yeah I brewed a beer.
I brewed a beer too
me too I brewed a beer.
lovely beer I just brewed.
I brewed a beer.

:D
mashy

Unread postby nibber » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:22 pm

mashy wrote:Is is going to be satnav for the beermakers. After a while no one will be able to 'navigate' brewing a batch of beer themselves. I enjoy the brewing, the learning, the fidding, the improving and dicussions here.

I think the forum could get a little samey :D

I brewed a beer.
Yeah I brewed a beer.
I brewed a beer too
me too I brewed a beer.
lovely beer I just brewed.
I brewed a beer.

:D

Yup totally agree there Mashy :drink:
Last edited by nibber on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nibber

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby tsgreen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:32 pm

Keurig of the brewing world! :lol:
tsgreen

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby RobW » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 pm

It makes a whole gallon in 7 days!
It'd need to run 24/7 to keep up. :lol:
RobW

Unread postby mashy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:58 am

Lmao. I did think it was a little small.

But joking aside, the machine can only do 8 pints per week. You don't have to be a big drinker to beat it.

A BM20 can do just shy of 1000 pints per week if you pushed it.
mashy

Unread postby Onthebrew » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:31 am

i seem to be the only one to be impressed with it! looks to me like a hassle way to experiment with new recipes, an addition as opposed to an alternative to the BM.

looks hassle free and minimal cleaning. Not sure how flexible it is, but if you are free to create at will you could have a lot of fun experimenting. i only went off piste once and wasn't happy with the results- the fact id spent a whole day on it ( especially all the cleaning) and then had to work my way through 35 pints of less than average beer has put me off. if it had been low hassle and just 8 pints i wouldn't have cared.
Onthebrew

Unread postby nibber » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:38 pm

If anyone wants to make small experimental brews (which I wanted to do) a 10 Litre Braumeister is perfect- I was recently lucky enough to purchase one off a fellow member here. I brewed a Ghost Ship clone last Saturday which is currently in the fermentor.The 10 Litre model is tiny and a joy to use and clean,just put in on the worktop and away you go, also fits in the kitchen cupboard when you are finished!
And if the beer turns out be awful you only pour away 10 Litres! :beerbang: :drink:
Last edited by nibber on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nibber

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby Onthebrew » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:57 pm

i Have the 10 litre malt pipe- but seeing as its just as much time and effort, and the same cleaning and sanitising as doing 20 litres ive never used it.
Onthebrew

Unread postby mashy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Onthebrew wrote:i Have the 10 litre malt pipe- but seeing as its just as much time and effort, and the same cleaning and sanitising as doing 20 litres ive never used it.

I get that.

I also get you' no hassle experimental point.

BUT... you knew it was coming. It has not been my experience that you can get stuff easily and cheaply from the states. And with this you are tied into bags and 'steamed hops' which I have to say aren't stampeding out of Google UK at me. Indeed the more I read, steam hops sounds like something for breweries - not homebrewers.
mashy

Unread postby Onthebrew » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 am

your right, thats is the drawback looks like its around 300 dollers in the states on kickstarter which id be happy to pay to be fair- however is another $200 shipping so that makes it $500 in all for an untried product so maybe not then. Not sure how hop steaming works but think it is aimed at home brewers though.
Onthebrew

Unread postby Onthebrew » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 am

doesnt look like it boils at all

So BEERMKR doesn't boil. What about DMS? Or color development? Or clarity? Or sanitization?
We've tested this exhaustively. Because BEERMKR's temps stay at or below 150° F / 65°C, the wort stays below SMM -> DMS conversion temperatures.

In normal boils, the color of the wort darkens by a shade or two over the course of the boil. This is a sugar browning effect known as caramelization and malliardization. This doesn't happen in BEERMKR because the temperatures stay lower. We view this a a good thing because you can get the sugar browning effect in a way more controllable way by simply adding darker grains or caramel malts to your mash.

Clarity isn't too big of an issue either. During product development, we were really surprised at how much break matter we got at 150° F / 65° C. That coupled with the waste container on the bottom collecting brewing solids, you're left with a very clean beer.

The last thing is sanitation. Because we get up to 150° F / 65° C and hold for 30 minutes to an hour, it completes an industry standard pasteurization step
Onthebrew

Unread postby tsgreen » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:22 pm

A coworker says he is seriously considering it. I will keep you posted if he does. :mrgreen:
tsgreen

Model: 50 litres

Next

Return to General Brewing Discussions