Brewing water testing

Any discussion about non-specific Braumeister brewing techniques can be discussed here. E.g. "How to make a starter?", "What's the best way to store my grains?", "Which pH meter do you recommend?", ...

Re: Brewing water testing

Unread postby Cristian » Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 am

IPA wrote:
Cristian wrote:
IPA wrote:There is a guy on JBK called wallybrew who has a company called Phoenix Analytical and he will analyse your water. When you have the result enter them in the Graham Wheeler water calculator on JBK and hey presto it will calculate the additions necessary for a range of beer types.

tks!
I sent a request via email but no reply yet. (enquiries@pheonix-analytical.co.uk)
do you know how much they charge?

£26 Send him a pm via JBK

I've just created an account on JBK.
unfortunately, I cannot send a PM to wallybrew. maybe because my user is too new or he disabled this function. also not shown last active
Cristian

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby IPA » Fri May 18, 2018 6:29 am

Try posting a hello message in guest book and then you should be able to message him. The Graham Wheeler water calculator is excellent.
When you do message him ask if you can be included when he does his next water testing as he has specific dates for it.
IPA

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Cristian » Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 pm

IPA wrote:Try posting a hello message in guest book and then you should be able to message him. The Graham Wheeler water calculator is excellent.
When you do message him ask if you can be included when he does his next water testing as he has specific dates for it.

done! I talked to him and I have all the details.
tks for the recommendation :cheers:
Cristian

Unread postby Cristian » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:07 am

Just as a feedback:
Neil from Phoenix Analytical is very reliable and helpful person. I sent a sample to him some weeks ago and I received the results in no time. (you can even pay him via PayPal if you prefer. I do not have GBP account so it was easier to transfer the precise amount).

It's now time to dig in into water chemistry :mrgreen: back to school :)) :beer:
Cristian

Previous

Return to General Brewing Discussions