Brewing vessels

Any discussion about non-specific Braumeister brewing techniques can be discussed here. E.g. "How to make a starter?", "What's the best way to store my grains?", "Which pH meter do you recommend?", ...

Brewing vessels

Unread postby ibbones » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:34 pm

I have had my BM for just three years now. I just brewed two batches, one each day and during the mash, where I have time to do whatever, I watched You Tube videos on single vessel brewing. I guess the Grainfather is the most popular one but there are about four others out as well. All the other units are different from the BM as it pumps from the bottom up. As I watched the brewing videos, I thought I spent a bunch of money and could have spend a LOT less. But all in all, I think had I got one of those "other" units, I would have secretly wanted a BM. It is really a fine piece of machinery that I really wanted. I do not like having buyers remorse and I KNOW I do not have it with the BM. :beer:
"BONES"
20 Liter BM
ibbones

Model: 20 litres

Re: Brewing vessels

Unread postby mashy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:43 pm

I have to agree.

I have fiddled with, prodded and poked both the GF and a Bulldog at my local HBS.

The difference in build quality is significant.

Very pleased I bought a BM. I think I would have left wanting too.

I don't brew every weekend, but mine has certainly paid for itself both is cash terms and in flavour.
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Re: Brewing vessels

Unread postby tsgreen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Had mine a little under a year and a half. No regrets. Enjoy learning a slightly different way to brew. Have thought about shorter pipe, but haven't seen a need yet. :beerbang:
tsgreen

Model: 50 litres

Return to General Brewing Discussions