Handy Calculators

Any discussion about non-specific Braumeister brewing techniques can be discussed here. E.g. "How to make a starter?", "What's the best way to store my grains?", "Which pH meter do you recommend?", ...

Handy Calculators

Unread postby Dicko » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Just found this link to a page of calculators that may be handy for some.

http://www.yeastcalc.co/homebrew-calcul ... 0b2ricaySM
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Re: Handy Calculators

Unread postby cpa4ny » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:40 am

Hi Dicko - thanks for that.

I heard of it, but actually never had a chance to check it out.

I know some guys prefer that yeast pitching calculator to Mr Malty's.

Unread postby dinnerstick » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:30 am

wow that site is recently, and heavily, revamped. it has always been the best choice for multi-step starter calculations but now also has new bells and whistles (and some interesting spelling choices, ie 'suspencion'). i think measuring yeast cell counts is pretty tricky, estimating even trickier, but these sites are very useful to introduce consistency into your brews. if you use the same yeast with the same 'result' from the calculator and always get good results, then it doesn't matter if the calculator is way off!
dinnerstick

Unread postby Dicko » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:57 pm

dinnerstick wrote:wow that site is recently, and heavily, revamped. it has always been the best choice for multi-step starter calculations but now also has new bells and whistles (and some interesting spelling choices, ie 'suspencion'). i think measuring yeast cell counts is pretty tricky, estimating even trickier, but these sites are very useful to introduce consistency into your brews. if you use the same yeast with the same 'result' from the calculator and always get good results, then it doesn't matter if the calculator is way off!

With ongoing conversation on another Forum in Au (ahb) in two separate topics, the supplier is updating different aspects of his calculators as he feels is necessary.
This is a real bonus in my opinion as his figures are relating (it seems) to hands on experience.
No affiliation by the way :D
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Return to General Brewing Discussions