taking the plunge

Any discussion about non-specific Braumeister brewing techniques can be discussed here. E.g. "How to make a starter?", "What's the best way to store my grains?", "Which pH meter do you recommend?", ...

taking the plunge

Unread postby Ten Bears » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:50 pm

:drink: Hi lads

My BM 50L arrived last Thursday so ill be doing a brew next weekend. Im going to try one of the speidel recipies probably the pils I also got the 20l malt pipe and all my grain is mashed and raring to go . I have kit brewed coopers etc for over a year but this is so exciting to start a journey of pure passion for brewing. Im a little bit nervos about the programming times on the BM but if i follow the instructions i should be ok and we use VWP for cleaning all our equipment
Ten Bears

Model: 50 litres

Re: taking the plunge

Unread postby Dicko » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Ten Bears wrote::drink: Hi lads

My BM 50L arrived last Thursday so ill be doing a brew next weekend. Im going to try one of the speidel recipies probably the pils I also got the 20l malt pipe and all my grain is mashed and raring to go . I have kit brewed coopers etc for over a year but this is so exciting to start a journey of pure passion for brewing. Im a little bit nervos about the programming times on the BM but if i follow the instructions i should be ok and we use VWP for cleaning all our equipment

Welcome to the forum and to the world of BM brewing.
Good luck with your first brew on the new equipment and don't be concerned on the programming.
Have a practice run and you will soon see how easy it is.
If you have any queries or problems there will be plenty of help from here.

Cheers
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby dinnerstick » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:14 am

do you maybe mean your grain is crushed? cuz if it's mashed you're not raring to go, you're just about done!
dinnerstick

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Ten Bears » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21 am

Sorry I meant crushed my LHBS does it for,just wondering before I start my brew the weekend is that cleaning agent I'm using ok for my BM :drink:
Ten Bears

Model: 50 litres

Return to General Brewing Discussions